Vondy's 1000X-2 / Then 1000X-4 Builds

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I’m curious what the best way will be to mount light bars with the SATV flip up windshield.

I bought the SATV half windshield and am considering getting the flip-up instead and selling the half. I’m guessing it’ll have to be done similarly to the way the OEM Honda branded bar mounts through the roof.

I mounted a 12” light bar on the front bumper. Pics are above. Roof would be an easy place to mount or a custom bracket could be made to mount around windshield.

Reactions: jasond
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Looks good, looking forward to comparing notes at the takeover!

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
Looking good! I really want to see one of these in the wild. Maybe I’ll see one in west va this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Vondy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Honda Lower Doors
One more last minute addition before Takeover. My lower doors just came in so I was able to add them before heading out.

This is the first Honda accessory that I am dissapointed in. It is a pain cutting and fitting the door frame to the original. You have to cut three spots in bottom of original door to attach lower. Honda did put marking on door but some needed to be a lot larger. First door took me forever to cut and fit. Second door did go much faster. They look good and seem fairly sturdy, just not real happy about how they get attached to upper. I'll need to get more pics, they took longer to install than anticipated and in my frustration I only got one picture. I'll get more later.

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Awesome setup. I put the door panels on. Kind of tedious like you said. Mine dont seal to the frame when the door is closed. The drivers side is out about 1/4” from the bumper on the panel the other side is about 3/8. Not sure what can be done about it. Do your door bumpers hit the frame?

Also. Thoughts on the infinity sound bar? Loud enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Awesome setup. I put the door panels on. Kind of tedious like you said. Mine dont seal to the frame when the door is closed. The drivers side is out about 1/4” from the bumper on the panel the other side is about 3/8. Not sure what can be done about it. Do your door bumpers hit the frame?

Also. Thoughts on the infinity sound bar? Loud enough?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yes. Mine do not sit perfect either, but I haven’t noticed any rattling from them and the keep mud from accumulating

Love the infinity soundbar. Not a lot of bass, but great sound otherwise. Plenty loud, I think 1/2 volume is typically where I have it. Occasionally will turn up more, but no way I could handle full volume for very long.

Reactions: Zuess and bigblueaz
D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
When I installed my lower door inserts, they did not contact the rubber bumper. I had to shim the the upper mounting points about 3/16" to force the bottom in.
They now touch and is much better, no movement.
Next I need to address the large gaps around them and the rest of the door for dust control...DRK

Reactions: bigblueaz
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Update. Since takeover the Talon hasnt made it out of the garage except some trips around the neighborhood. Planning a trip to Rush Offroad the last weekend of June. Looking to make a few more upgrades. Skid plate first, then softer springs for shocks and larger tires.

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed the infinity sound bar. Haven’t wired it up yet. Put power to it and tested. Really like it. Thanks for the info @Vondy

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I installed the infinity sound bar. Haven’t wired it up yet. Put power to it and tested. Really like it. Thanks for the info @Vondy

Great. Hope you got it a while back. Price has really climbed back up on them since. Supply must be running out.

Reactions: bigblueaz
bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great. Hope you got it a while back. Price has really climbed back up on them since. Supply must be running out.

Yup. Grabbed it at $399. Noticed a bunch of sites were out of stock so pushed the Mrs. to decide if thats the way she wanted to go before the price jumped up.

I see they are $699-$799. YIKES!

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ordered next upgrade today. Hope it makes a huge improvement to ride quality.

Orders FCR Dual rate conversion spring kit from 602UTV. $680 after 15% discount going on now. Plus $25 shipping

View attachment 144553

View attachment 144554

I'm interested in your opinion of the spring upgrade after you put some time on them. I am not at all impressed with my ride quality on my X. I came from a Can Am 50" machine that rode a ton better than my Honda and I am weighing the options on doing some suspension softening. My herniated disc surgery from 25 years ago still makes my lower back get tender when I am treating it badly, so I gotta get that upgrade pretty soon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!