sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I am in NS and 3 nearest 3 dealers (south shore, valley, hrm) all told me I had to go on a list for a 22. I didn't phone any others, and I don't need it until spring.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I am bored, so just looking at some pricing, US vs CAD.

The Deluxe in CAD is $22,600 CAD here, and $18,300USD in the US which is $23,300CAD. So we actually get a better deal on the Deluxe....
The LE in CAD is $27,300 here, and the $21,000 USD in the US which is $26,700CAD. So the US get a better deal on the LE.
The LE is $4700 CAD more than the Deluxe here, and in the US the difference is only $2700 USD which is about $3400 CAD.

No point to this post, just found it interesting.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Just spoke to my closest dealer (I am on the wait list at 3 other close ones). They want $1000 non-refundable deposit. If I still don't have a machine in a year, they said I can ask for deposit back. That is pretty unforgiving... They do offer lifetime of 15% off all accessories, Honda and 3rd party, which is nice. I would be #1 on their list for an LE, and #6 for a Deluxe, but I would have to choose not, which is tough because we still don't really know what the models will be. He did say that the LE will be silver (he had no idea if light or dark), and the Deluxe will be the red. But I felt like I knew more about the rumours than him, so not sure how much I believed him... he also told me with certainty that Deluxe's have always came with a full skid plate, but I am pretty sure only the LE does in Canada, so again, not sure what to believe.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My dealer in Calgary has 5 2022 Pioneers arriving in April.
Is this your salesman? 🤣 🥳

P

Peterhope

Dec 5, 2021
Bc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here in BC I’ve been on the wait list for a 22 1000-5 since Nov last year. My dealer has one in his April-May allocation and thinks it’s a Trail Edition (I would like a Forest Edition) but can’t get firm info from Honda. There’s 10+ people on the wait list behind me. When it arrives I get to choose to take it or wait for the next one. I’m rehearsing my “I’ll take it” without sounding too eager.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Real Honda or the Honda dealer?
two different people and one is gonna have better answers than the other. Hint….It aint Ron Burgandy!
No, it's 3 diffrent people.
Honda in Canada is not the same a American Honda.
Of course Canada is on the North American continent but geographically challenged citizens of the USA can't comprehend that, so in this case American Honda means only in the USA.

So, Amaerican Honda manufacturers the SxS (or not in the current economy) and sells them to Honda Canada Inc (had to look that one up).
Then Honda Canada sells them to the steelership.

But, the point is there is an additional hand in the pie messing things up for our neighbors to the north.
Good luck figuring out where your vehicle is in the supply stream.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Of course Canada is on the North American continent but geographically challenged citizens of the USA can't comprehend that
They might be on the North American continent witch is true but Deff not American lol. Still another Country with very different set of rules than us.

Thanks for clearing the other stuff up. Kinda figured it was separate, Just like when I worked for a Ford development Co in Detroit, It was exactly like you said, but in this case Ford Canada We delt with here in the motor city especially in Windsor just 45min from us was a pita with all the hands that anything we needed used transported that touched it along the way lol. I can only imagine with the crap there still dealing with today how bad it is.

Thats what i meant about who was he talking to? Lol

P

Peterhope

Dec 5, 2021
Bc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Real Honda or the Honda dealer?
two different people and one is gonna have better answers than the other. Hint….It aint Ron Burgandy!
My dealer talks to Honda Canada…..they talk to Honda USA they (msu) make stuff up and whammy the machine arrives when it does….. just probably not in April.
Here in the north we have incredible patience. NOT!!!

M

MarkieH

Nov 20, 2020
Strathmore Alberta
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was told by the manager that they would receive a total of 5 Pioneers in April. I go fishing on Vancouver Island from mid June to mid August So I am hoping I will get mine before I leave.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I spoke with my dealer today, They have no idea of what is coming or when. I was told they can't even place orders for 2022's Apparently big brother (Honda USA) is not playing nice in the sandbox with little brother (Honda Canada) So the wait continues. At least I still have a ride

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!