BOX1

Walker Evans Honda Pioneer 16 CA Needle Shocks

WalkerEvansRacing

WalkerEvansRacing

Vendor
These 16 way compression adjustable needle shocks are the much desired upgrade for your Pioneer! We have tested these shocks over the last few weeks and are excited to be able to offer them to everyone! They are $443.99 each and that includes springs!

Honda Pioneer

Reactions: pct
W

Wood4502

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Are you going to be offering non-res shocks that are adjustable

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Might have a hard time convincing my wife on the 1k for aftermarket shocks. $500.00 (front end)might be doable if there was justification on the purchase. Does WER have any hard data and/or personal reviews on the shock improvements?

Just my .02cents-

WalkerEvansRacing

WalkerEvansRacing

Vendor
@Woody4502 - our monotube shocks are the only non-reservoir shocks that we will be making for the Honda Pioneer, unfortunately they are not externally adjustable. The only way they can be adjusted is by sending them in for us to re-valve them.

@idahohntr - we have tested these shocks over and over again with different valving and springs and are confident that you will be enthusiastic about your purchase. We will offer a free re-valve if you purchase these shocks and are not satisfied with the setup.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
I am sure there would be many (including me) supporting members here that would be more than happy to offer their opinion on your upgrade(s) if we could work something out!!

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I had a set of Walker Evans shocks on my previous Polaris SxS and they were awesome shocks and easy to adjust. However, I still bottomed out on the front end (once in a while); the exact same issue I'm having with the Pioneer. I've found the Walker Evans shocks could be adjusted to not bottom as much, but the overall ride suffered - became a bit too stiff. I have full confidence the Walker Evans shocks would make a big difference on the Pioneer, however, don't expect the Walker Evans shocks (or any other premium shock) to have a great ride, yet never bottom out. The above said, Honda Pioneer shocks are Ok, but they're a little too soft for any serious off-road riding. While I'm sure the pricing offered is very competitive, the high cost of these shocks will hard to justify for many Pioneer owners.

W

Wood4502

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Ok thanks, I was just looking for preload adjustable one that can cure the bottoming issue thanks. I'll be considering these definitely

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Hondasxs said:
16 CA Needle Shocks on a Honda Pioneer.
What's the offset on those wheels? Those look almost factory backspacing.

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
I'm wanting a set of wheels but can't go much wider than stock because it won't fit in my truck. Do they rub with more backspacing? Are your wheels backspacing true? I know sti and itp 5+2 are more like a +3. If you can what's the over all front end width of the pioneer?

WalkerEvansRacing

WalkerEvansRacing

Vendor
@10spoke - These wheels measure a true backspacing of 5.125". We machine our wheels in-house so we can change the backspacing within limits. Unfortunately we did not measure the overall width.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I have the OEM Honda winch on the heavy duty brush guard and also a 35 pound AGM auxiliary battery mounted under the hood behind the radiator.

The WE monotube shocks were a major improvement over the Honda KYB shocks in compliance, comfort, and control with excellent handling.

The improvement with the WE monotubes was like night and day compared to the OEM shock, very nice!

Feels like the difference between a Volkswagen and a Porche :!:

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Finally finished installing the professional Walker Evan rear shocks and they totally refined the ride on the UTV to a new level.

These are the same shocks that come standard on the Polaris RZR 1000 Baja Race UTV.

Really smooths out the view on the FLIR M-324 thermal camera when cruising around 10-15 mph, eliminating the shake and vibrations!Icon smile cool

WE20Rear

WE20Installed20on20Rear

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They do look good. Going to have to look at adding this to my Christmas list. Lol.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
They are pro grade and do cost some coin but there is not a better investment you could make for your Pioneer, totally changes everything for the better

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
To modulate the cost of these, I would suggest getting a pair for the front end first as this is a very noticeable improvement well worth your while, and then get a pair for the rear later on after you realize what a HUGE improvement this is!

Installed20On20Hondini

Reactions: bobbyhill
motorcikle

motorcikle

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2014
Where can you buy these shocks, I dont see a method on their web site and I go to the dealers listed on the WE site and they don't have a clue what a Honda Pioneer is. Help!!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!