BOX1

WANTED, REWARD. - How-to's |Bounty List!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda SxS Club is looking to build a collection of HOW-TO's and we need your help!

As you know, many of use do our own service! We find it fairly easy or just want the confidence its done correctly. But many beginners find these tasks challenging and end up paying a dealership hundreds of dollars for something that can be done with a common tool kit and a hours time.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We ask that if you are working on a general or common service tasks that you please think about building a "HOW-TO" for the community.

As a Thank You! We are placing a few Bounties on these How-to's. To qualify, your "How-to" must be picture rich. Have a required tool listing and details about each step.*

Bounty Reward's (pick one)
- Honda SxS Club Tee Shirt.
- HondaSxS.com Pioneer Hat.
- Upgrade to Lifetime member.
- Everyone will receive the "Club Contributor" badge!

If you are interested shoot me a note here --> Contact HondaSxS
Good idea to make sure that topic has not been started. Keep in mind that the most important part is CLEAR PICTURES. Once you have those, you can start a Private Topic, Here--> forums --> personal-private-forum to begin building the HOW-TO draft! We will be glad to assist, edit, update, and finally publish once it is ready. Need a example? see the ones in the completed section below.

Here is a list of current HOW-TO Bounties: (as of 11-29-15)
Honda Pioneer 1000 How-to Bounty List:

• Oil Change. In the works by @Hondasxs Feat/@JACKAL
  • Valve inspection and adjustment.
  • Differential oil change.
  • Front Brakes.
  • Rear Brakes.
  • Other tasks.
  • PM @Hondasxs if you are interested in doing one!
Honda Pioneer 700 How-to Bounty List:
  • Air Filter Cleaning/Change.
  • Valve inspection and adjustment.
  • Front Brakes.
  • Rear Brakes.
  • Other tasks
Honda Pioneer 500 How-to Bounty List:
  • Air Filter Cleaning/Change.
  • Differential oil change.
  • Front Brakes.
  • Rear Brakes.
  • Other Tasks.

----------------------
Completed list:
Pioneer 1000

Pioneer 700
Pioneer 500

Lets help save our fellow riders some $ and build a "How-To" today!
Thanks.
@Hondasxs

* Bounty terms:
To collect the bounty, topic must solely be listed at HondaSxS.com and no other site. This includes text, images, videos, and directions must be attached and hosted through one of our channels. You agree that the document, videos, and its contents will be come property of The Honda SxS Club!

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone is doing service.... Think about snapping pictures along the way and of each step. Then we can add details to it later.
Keep in mind... There are plenty of newbies that would really appreciate your time on this.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had a few members take advantage and collect bounties.
@Tflynn completing the 700 oil change along with front and rear diff's
@Tabascojunkie working on the Air Filter check for the 1000.

Still have a bunch available and lots of miscellaneous things that can be completed too!
Interested? Shoot me a message
Thanks

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
How about IACV removal/replacement on the 700? I'm going to do a write up anyway but hell if I could get a hat out of the deal..... To obscure?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about IACV removal/replacement on the 700? I'm going to do a write up anyway but hell if I could get a hat out of the deal..... To obscure?
Nope...
If it is helpful and not something stupid then I am game. Just shoot me a message for approval.
I have some info I want added because I think they use stupid security screws. I think.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will my skid plate DIY for P500 qualify too?

Reactions: sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm thinking about doing another video, (detailed this time), are videos not ok?

Could have done my windshield install on video but I didn't even think about it at the time

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm thinking about doing another video, (detailed this time), are videos not ok?

Could have done my windshield install on video but I didn't even think about it at the time

That means you'll have to re-do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No one has an answer for me or are you Mod types talking it over?

Videos are great but we also like:

1: pictures
2: lists
3: instructions
4: humor

Pictures that match the instructions

Lists for tools required
Lists for parts required
Lists for number of beers required

Humor, we just expect that from you!

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Great idea! I am on a motorcycle forum and there is a Barefoot guy that produces a video collection for sale that instruct many, common routine maintenance procedures and repairs and has saved me many times the cost.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
There is a how to on my build on replacing and adding different led to dash if y’all want it. Good timing my friend just got a 1000 and wants me to monstaline it. I’ll do a how to on it.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am a true newbie and would love to see more of these. Brand new 2021 700-4 deluxe and the simple things are what are keeping me from doing much. I just want to be able to add more accessories and the things that I have found tend to skip over the small things like what specific wiring harness works best, how that wiring harness is actually installed, and how to connect accessories to it. I have already invested in wrong things and ended up tapping into the lighter plug to be able to install my winch and it drive me crazy having to do that. I cant even find a diagram of what each fuse in the fuse box is linked to or exactly how to get to it to tap into it without being very intrusive. Simple stuff to most I am sure but it hasn't been for me. I have just quit installing stuff because I want to tread lightly and not have to make a bunch of modifications to make the incorrect part fit.

Reactions: Mudder
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!