• Start date
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 814s and ready to upgrade maybe get a Labor Day sale?

Front and back any and all help would be great.

Budget don't really have one but I don't really want to just waist money.

Softer the ride the better.

My type of riding, Its street legal, Rock crawling thats about it.

Has C-Fab arms and 32s.

(FYI) I'll let the 814s go cheap if anyone is interested. You pick them up in MS and they go real cheap lol.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not sure of any sales on the shocks but someone else might chime in with some information. In the mean time here are a couple ways to get a good fox shock price.

As of 8-2-22 @ 5:18AM central the ebay seller in the second link does not currently have any shocks for the pioneer in stock but I have seen him come back into stock from time to time.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're running 32s, I'd guess you've got a lot of preload on those 814s?

One thought on the Fox - if you're going to preload them for lift, you're going to want to go to single rate springs, so add another $300-350 right off the bat.

If I were to do over again, I'd have another look at the Elkas with this factor in mind.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're running 32s, I'd guess you've got a lot of preload on those 814s?

One thought on the Fox - if you're going to preload them for lift, you're going to want to go to single rate springs, so add another $300-350 right off the bat.

If I were to do over again, I'd have another look at the Elkas with this factor in mind.
I'm looking hard at the Elks 3 or 4s. May call them if they can build them as per my setup that will be my plan I think.

C-Fab comes with 3in of built in lift I'm sure thats the hardest part to overcome. I can do most anything but shocks is where I get lost.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking hard at the Elks 3 or 4s. May call them if they can build them as per my setup that will be my plan I think.

C-Fab comes with 3in of built in lift I'm sure thats the hardest part to overcome. I can do most anything but shocks is where I get lost.
Which spring are you running with the 814s? No matter which shock you have you need the right spring for your vehicle load to have a good ride. For ease of adjustment, soft, medium, hard on the Fox shocks is the quickest "feel a change" for setting up. With Elkas or 814s you're likely going to change compression and rebound to fit how you want the machine to handle on rocks, rough terrain or pavement. I rarely adjust my Elkas and they ride a ton better than stock but there are still jarring bumps off road and there's still sway and body roll at high speed on pavement.

It might be worth calling 814 and getting a different spring before you spend all the money on another set of shocks. Having had stock shocks, Fox shocks and Elka stage 4s the Elkas definitely have the best ride all around but if I would have swapped to the correct rate springs on the Fox shocks I'd probably appreciate the quick flip of adjustment more than the compromise all the time. Just my $.02.

Another thing to consider is tire pressure it'll change ride nearly as much as a quick shock adjustment

What kind of a change are you looking for?

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I saw these at a dealership few days ago. Not sure if it's a good deal or not.(probably not) but they was available.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which spring are you running with the 814s? No matter which shock you have you need the right spring for your vehicle load to have a good ride. For ease of adjustment, soft, medium, hard on the Fox shocks is the quickest "feel a change" for setting up. With Elkas or 814s you're likely going to change compression and rebound to fit how you want the machine to handle on rocks, rough terrain or pavement. I rarely adjust my Elkas and they ride a ton better than stock but there are still jarring bumps off road and there's still sway and body roll at high speed on pavement.

It might be worth calling 814 and getting a different spring before you spend all the money on another set of shocks. Having had stock shocks, Fox shocks and Elka stage 4s the Elkas definitely have the best ride all around but if I would have swapped to the correct rate springs on the Fox shocks I'd probably appreciate the quick flip of adjustment more than the compromise all the time. Just my $.02.

Another thing to consider is tire pressure it'll change ride nearly as much as a quick shock adjustment

What kind of a change are you looking for?
So I hated the 814s Offroad due to hitting the straps all the time.

I really like the idea of Fox shocks and change springs. Is there a guy or website I can call and say I have this bike this weight and this lift and they help me with correct springs?

Thats what I like about Elka at least I can tell them what I have and they build it off that. But I would much rather have fox easy adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMB
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!