P1000 Warn mount kit winch line clearance issues

C

Catz77

Jul 16, 2020
RMH, Alberta, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed the Warn winch mount and had issues with line clearance? I swapped the stock Honda mount plate for the Warn when I purchased the Warn provantage plow and what I found is that it inverts the winch which caused the cable to have next to no clearance front he mount bracket (I’m thinking it has tension it may not be touching but hard to tell, just going to watch for wear). I want to switch to a synthetic line but it won’t last long if it’s rubbing at all. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that with the viper winch and mount kit it mounts the winch upside down so it pulls from the top of the spool and doesn't rub on anything. Don't know if that's supposed to be the same way.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Catz77
C

Catz77

Jul 16, 2020
RMH, Alberta, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got the Warn VRX 45, it’s installed upside down now and spools from the top. I don’t think it’s rubbing most of the time but it’s pretty close to the plate, maybe 1/4” gap or so. I just find it weird they designed like that.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the Warn plate with an Axon 55S and the rope was too close to the bracket for my comfort (looked like it was barely touching) so i moved the hawse down a little bit in the bumper.
IMG 3800

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just stumbling onto this...
I have a 2018 P1K-5, purchased from the original owner who states that Honda installed the Honda Warn winch.

pulled the bumper off and wanting to know if this thing is in correctly:

Factory Bumper.

from the front, facing the pioneer:

Winch power is to the left (passenger side). installed the same way as the honda/warn install video on youtube.

Spool gear is on the right (drivers side)

rope comes onto the drum at the bottom.

this brings the rope off the bottom of the spool to the billet fairlead at about a 45 degree angle up before exiting the front of the fairlead.

This thing has seen a fair amount of pulling, and the rope is in decent shape, but just wanted to hear from those with a factory installed honda/warn winch.

thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!