P700 Warn Plow Question

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got my plow on , it's ready- Been reading about people replacing the winch cable with synthetic rope. is this necessary? easy to do?

IMG 0528

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
For plowing it's not necessary, unless it starts getting kinked up. But usually that happens from letting to much out and It loosens up on the spool.then the cable overlaps incorrectly and gets bound up.
Just use what you have and if it gives you problems then go synthetic.
Keep the cable sprayed with a as-40 oil of some kind. I myself put grease on a rag.then I spool the entire cable out and use the greased rag to guide it back on.I do this on a slight uphill grade and use the machine to keep the cable tight and wound nicely.That way I see my winch still works properly and I know my cable it lubed and does not have bad spots in it.

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Awesome! Thank you! Really appreciate it- hoping this plow works for me this winter- seems to be a brute for plowing- the gear is super tough and heavy in weight!

R

raypa

Oct 31, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep an eye on your mounting and pully pins. I'm on my 3rd set.... I' actually switched to grade 5 shoulder bolts and drilled them for a cotter pin. (we plow a gravel driveway)

Brandonolsonhouston

Brandonolsonhouston

Feb 9, 2019
Houston MN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I switch mine out in the winter to the synthetic. You can get a 12 footer from Amazon for like $10. It breaks you just tie a new knot and go. No carrying around cable clamps etc. Been plowing with a wheeler for a business for 14 yrs and switched up to the 700-4 last yr and it's just an animal.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!