P500 Warn Plow Set-Up

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Hello,
I am looking at the following plow set-up for my 2017 P500. I decided to go with a front mount set up so I don't lose any ground clearance. Here's the items:
  • Warn 893730 Mount
  • Warn 92100 Plow Base/Push Tube Assembly
  • Warn 78960 60" Plow Blade
Not sure if anyone can answer these questions, but here we go:
  • Will this plow set up work with the Honda OEM front bumper installed?
  • Does the mount require drilling of the frame?
  • Does the blade include springs?
I would appreciate any help or recommendations from anyone with knowledge of this set up.

Thank you!

Reactions: rtn001
ALM76

ALM76

L-I-V-I-N
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2017
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hey bms, I have the Warn Plow and really like it.

-yes, it mounts to the vertical bars behind skid plate and re-uses the lower bolt. you can leave it on, for any trail riding, as it is up out of the way also.
-no drilling
-blade comes with springs

hope this helps.

Last edited:
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500

-yes, it mounts to the vertical bars behind skid plate and re-uses the lower bolt. you can leave it on, for any trail riding, as it is up out of the way also.
-no drilling

hope this helps.
Could you use it to push gravel?

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500

-no drilling

hope this helps.

Thanks for that info. Where did you purchase? RMATV has the kit, but it's $100 less on Amazon.

Reactions: rtn001 and ALM76
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
it's pretty stout set up. I've pushed gravel to level the driveway with no problem.
Thanks - that's the kind of thing I've wanted to do but was unsure of how stout these were. I know the P500 has the guts for it

Reactions: ALM76
bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Can you provide the link to the kit on Amazon?
Thanks
It’s not really kit on Amazon.
Search:
WARN 15-20 Honda PIONEER500 Front Plow Mount Kit

Then on that page there’s a “buy all 3” option.

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
It’s not really kit on Amazon.
Search:
WARN 15-20 Honda PIONEER500 Front Plow Mount Kit

Then on that page there’s a “buy all 3” option.

Ok, so I did that, and this is what I got:

98960 Plow, 92100 base/push tube, and the Pioneer 15-20 mount.

Sound right?

Last edited:
bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
One last question...Will this set up work with the Honda OEM front bumper installed?

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have it but am looking into it seriously. Here is a picture that was posted in the mount's Amazon review. Looks like the front bumper can stay on.

Warn mount

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, so I did that, and this is what I got:

98960 Plow, 92100 base/push tube, and the Pioneer 15-20 mount.

Sound right?
The mount & base/push tube look correct, but my blade is 78960 (60")

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have it but am looking into it seriously. Here is a picture that was posted in the mount's Amazon review. Looks like the front bumper can stay on.

View attachment 165460
Just spoke to Warn. They don't know if the Pioneer 15-20 mount will work with the front bumper installed. He recommended only buying the mount to see if it fits before getting the base/push tube assembly & the blade. He emailed me the installation instructions, which are also unclear as to the compatibility with the front bumper.

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Just spoke to Warn. They don't know if the Pioneer 15-20 mount will work with the front bumper installed. He recommended only buying the mount to see if it fits before getting the base/push tube assembly & the blade. He emailed me the installation instructions, which are also unclear as to the compatibility with the front bumper.

Warn suggested I order the mount first and be sure it will work with the bumper. Waiting for it to arrive...

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Could you use it to push gravel?

Light work would be ok. My springs set in the strongest setting wanted to trip very easily. A suggestion from a forum member was to add a couple tied down straps "the ratchet type" and that worked pretty good. You would also need to move your driveway skids up out of the way. There are 3 position settings on the blade angle, I'm in the most aggressive, may go back to regular.

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Mount came, but you need everything in order to install according to instructions (you’re supposed to put everything together, then tighten all bolts).

Push tubes ordered yesterday and blade ordered this morning, but the blade won’t arrive until 12/11, so I guess I’ll still be snow blowing Monday here in PA. Don’t know why I waited!

ALM76, was it an easy install?

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Mount came, but you need everything in order to install according to instructions (you’re supposed to put everything together, then tighten all bolts).

Push tubes ordered yesterday and blade ordered this morning, but the blade won’t arrive until 12/11, so I guess I’ll still be snow blowing Monday here in PA. Don’t know why I waited!

I still use the snowblower at my place....the dog likes to do it duty way in the back yard so I snow-blow a couple of trails for her to use, I also use it for light clean-up.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500

The mount is the hardest to install. Is your winch already there and mounted? The mount goes behind the winch, I had to actually take the winch loose to get the mount in place. That job took me 4 or 5 hours. The instructions are basically worthless, when I would get stuck, I would call Warn and they are great, very patient. Get the mount installed and tightened down it will not cause you a problem. The push tubes and the blade are the easiest to install. Set the springs in the strongest setting. There are three blade settings (least aggressive, standard and most aggressive) I set the blade in the middle position, but changed it to most aggressive to push a little gravel. Not great on gravel, but better than a rake. When pushing anything keep an eye on the blade it will trip fast and i bent the top of my blade a little. I had to straighten it back. It was not designed to push gravel, that's why I used the tie downs to firm up the blade.
We got a light 3" snow here in Alto, NM so I was able to try it out a little and I was happy. This plow will do a great job with a big snow.

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
The mount is the hardest to install. Is your winch already there and mounted? The mount goes behind the winch, I had to actually take the winch loose to get the mount in place. That job took me 4 or 5 hours. The instructions are basically worthless, when I would get stuck, I would call Warn and they are great, very patient. Get the mount installed and tightened down it will not cause you a problem. The push tubes and the blade are the easiest to install. Set the springs in the strongest setting. There are three blade settings (least aggressive, standard and most aggressive) I set the blade in the middle position, but changed it to most aggressive to push a little gravel. Not great on gravel, but better than a rake. When pushing anything keep an eye on the blade it will trip fast and i bent the top of my blade a little. I had to straighten it back. It was not designed to push gravel, that's why I used the tie downs to firm up the blade.
We got a light 3" snow here in Alto, NM so I was able to try it out a little and I was happy. This plow will do a great job with a big snow.
My son and I got the mount installed yesterday - it was tough because we couldn't get the bottom bolts lined up, but eventually got it done. Thankfully, I did not have to loosen or remove the winch. Push tubes coming tomorrow.

Yes I spoke to Warn a few times, and they were very helpful and nice to deal with.

What is the purpose of flattening one end and pounding the sleeves into the push tubes?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!