BOX1

Talon Warn winch mount bumper and Axon 55-S

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just did an install of the Warn winch mount bumper and Warn Axon 55-S winch! Super impressed with the construction of the Axon and like the looks of the bumper. My only concern is that the bumper mounts to the same points as the factory bumper with no additional frame to bumper mounting points. The mounting brackets seem pretty light, and I’m sure weren’t designed to take a 5500 lb load, especially from an angle! I did talk to Warn, largely because there were no instructions with the bumper, and they assured me they had done thorough engineering and there should be no problems! I hope they are right!
With no instructions, I had to guess on a couple things and since they have emailed me the instructions I see where I need to adjust a couple minor things, but all in all I like both the bumper and winch! Between the bumper and the winch, there is about 70lbs being mounted to the nose of the Talon!
FB26350C FB33 4E56 BEF9 C0661F5AE164
777576FF E120 4C21 AECB 4812A97BB8F6
40126436 F33B 4940 B387 5D836CDFAA23
59FF4FC1 17A1 4AD8 9460 6ED29F15293A
B074B970 7683 4FDE AAD3 3743B2FA38C4

Here are a couple pics. The Talon is on jack stands waiting for the shocks to come back from Shock Therapy, as soon as the shocks are back on, the Trail Armor skid plate goes on!

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Just did an install of the Warn winch mount bumper and Warn Axon 55-S winch! Super impressed with the construction of the Axon and like the looks of the bumper. My only concern is that the bumper mounts to the same points as the factory bumper with no additional frame to bumper mounting points. The mounting brackets seem pretty light, and I’m sure weren’t designed to take a 5500 lb load, especially from an angle! I did talk to Warn, largely because there were no instructions with the bumper, and they assured me they had done thorough engineering and there should be no problems! I hope they are right!
With no instructions, I had to guess on a couple things and since they have emailed me the instructions I see where I need to adjust a couple minor things, but all in all I like both the bumper and winch! Between the bumper and the winch, there is about 70lbs being mounted to the nose of the Talon!
Here are a couple pics. The Talon is on jack stands waiting for the shocks to come back from Shock Therapy, as soon as the shocks are back on, the Trail Armor skid plate goes on!

I had the same thought when I installed my 6k winch with a kfi mount. I plan to build my own bumper and was not impressed with the lower mounts. I guess I'll just add some more myself.

W

WideOpen201

Nov 20, 2019
Dequincy, LA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I think you'll break that rope before you ever hurt that bumper/mount! I have the same setup with the Axon 45. We went riding a couple of weeks ago right after two days of rain. Mud was unreal at our local ATV park. I gave that winch a workout to say the least. I pulled our three ATVs out numerous times. Brute force 750, Grizzly 660 and an old TRX300. They all got stuck in some deep muck. I also winched a guy out several times that joined our riding group that night. He was in a utility SxS and sent it through some bad holes that he should have stayed out of. No problem, sucked him out with two passengers and him in reverse, pulling against me....he was coming my way whether he wanted to or not! (It was easier once I got him to put it in forward..)

Reactions: Mudwing
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rough Country's 6" single row LED light bar should fit perfect in that cut out under the winch similar to my Pioneer.
IMG 20191117 151405

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
I think you'll break that rope before you ever hurt that bumper/mount! I have the same setup with the Axon 45. We went riding a couple of weeks ago right after two days of rain. Mud was unreal at our local ATV park. I gave that winch a workout to say the least. I pulled our three ATVs out numerous times. Brute force 750, Grizzly 660 and an old TRX300. They all got stuck in some deep muck. I also winched a guy out several times that joined our riding group that night. He was in a utility SxS and sent it through some bad holes that he should have stayed out of. No problem, sucked him out with two passengers and him in reverse, pulling against me....he was coming my way whether he wanted to or not! (It was easier once I got him to put it in forward..)
Glad to hear that!! I feel like the bumper would be pretty solid from a straight pull, but am a little concerned about pulling from any kind of angle. We’re all the pulls you mentioned from a straight line or were any from an angle?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to hear that!! I feel like the bumper would be pretty solid from a straight pull, but am a little concerned about pulling from any kind of angle. We’re all the pulls you mentioned from a straight line or were any from an angle?

I've pulled on my Pioneer warn bumper at full 4500lb load. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure Warn did their homework

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
Only time
I've pulled on my Pioneer warn bumper at full 4500lb load. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure Warn did their homework
Only time will tell, but I’ll sure be disappointed in Warn if they didn’t! Not to mention that the Warn bumper isn’t inexpensive!

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
With no instructions, I had to guess on a couple things and since they have emailed me the instructions I see where I need to adjust a couple minor things, but all in all I like both the bumper and winch! Between the bumper and the winch, there is about 70lbs being mounted to the nose of the Talon!View attachment 178796View attachment 178797 View attachment 178798View attachment 178799 View attachment 178800
I know the model number for the Warn Axon 55 winch and the Warn Winch mound model numberr 102600 but I could not find the model number for the bumper you used. Do you know that Warn model number? Thanks in advance.,

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
With no instructions, I had to guess on a couple things and since they have emailed me the instructions I see where I need to adjust a couple minor things, but all in all I like both the bumper and winch! Between the bumper and the winch, there is about 70lbs being mounted to the nose of the Talon!View attachment 178796View attachment 178797 View attachment 178798View attachment 178799 View attachment 178800
FYI if you decide to drill out your mounts on the front for D rings better have a good bit. I added 3/4 D rings and it was fun making them fit.

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
I know the model number for the Warn Axon 55 winch and the Warn Winch mound model numberr 102600 but I could not find the model number for the bumper you used. Do you know that Warn model number? Thanks in advance.,

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!