BOX1

P500 Warning Hood Blew OFF

T

Tim

Jun 8, 2015
I just got a new truck. The new truck only has a 6.5 box. So I backed my machine 500 on the truck. The winch sticks out the front which makes pulling it on a challenge. I do not think it would fit, plus I do not want all the weight (engine) on the tailgate. So I am going down the freeway and somebody pulls up next to me and start doing hand signals. I pull over and look at the machine. The hood had blown off! Yes, I checked it before I pulled on the truck. The hood was locked with the little plastic knobs securely. The moral of the story is a design flaw in MY OPINION. Now I have to get a new hood. I am going to add additional latches. Maybe hood pins from the muscle car days. In any case take warning. Please, do not send me messages of how yours do not blow off. Maybe mine just got a certain air flow going. I do not know. I just wanted everyone to get a warning.

Sorry posted this in the wrong form first (Pioneer Access and Mods) new to posting here.

Reactions: Hondasxs and Buryit
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the info. I have a 700 but I don't think I'll be backing it on the trailer.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for the heads up. I thought about backing mine on the trailer to squeeze in another ride. No way!!

J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
I put some jeep style hood latches on my cargo bed and they seem pretty strong

Attachments

• P1010781.JPG
    P1010781.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 155
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!