russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Welp, sunk my buggy and lo and behold found out former owner snorkeled everything except the fuel tank. Is it pretty easy to pull the fuel pump? I want to disconnect the fuel line from the injectors but the connection is in a bad spot to say the least, plus it looks like you may have to have a special tool to disconnect it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have never done it, but you know others will chime in.
The best I can do is post a link to a digital 2016-2020 Service Manual.
Found this page 7-6

and this page 7-7

Have a good day

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welp, sunk my buggy and lo and behold found out former owner snorkeled everything except the fuel tank. Is it pretty easy to pull the fuel pump? I want to disconnect the fuel line from the injectors but the connection is in a bad spot to say the least, plus it looks like you may have to have a special tool to disconnect it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I helped my buddy after he went scuba diving with it 😂😂

We vacuumed out the contaminated gas tank, removed injectors and turned the engine quite a few times while vacuuming as much as possible everywhere. Been over a year since and no problems.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I helped my buddy after he went scuba diving with it 😂😂

We vacuumed out the contaminated gas tank, removed injectors and turned the engine quite a few times while vacuuming as much as possible everywhere. Been over a year since and no problems.
Water never entered the engine. Gas tank was not snorkeled and let about 2 gallons of water in the tank. Going to pull the pump assembly, clean out the tank, and disconnect the fuel line from the injectors to purge it. Think I'll be good to go then.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Pulled the fuel pump, drained and cleaned the tank today. Was able to remove the lock ring with a hammer and screwdriver. Ordered the correct tool from Summit to re-install it.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Received the tool yesterday and re-installed my fuel pump assembly. Took that aggravating overfill tube out of the tank while I was in there. I was able to access the quick connect fitting at the injectors by removing the seat back. Those things are a real pita.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!