BOX1

Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
No doubt. The barges were carrying loads of fertilizer, so I'm sure there will be environmental impact studies going on almost immediately.

Steve
Oh wow. That’s not good for anybody. Up here when the farmers get too close to a river with fertilizer there is usually a big fish kill. That’s too bad. Hopefully it’s fish fertilizer.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
For Oklahoma, it happens on a fairly frequent basis. But, this year's tornado and flooding statistics are particularly high (probably not record, but high nonetheless). Flooding is probably approaching record levels for several counties. News was saying we've had tornadoes in the state every day for the last 5 days, and they're predicting more storm possibilities through next Tuesday. So, before this jetstream-induced mess is over we may very well set some new records (unfortunately).

It's definitely keeping the wife and I from being able to get out and enjoy the new Talon. :(

Steve
I can imagine. Be careful Steve. Stay safe. I’m thinking of everyone down there.
Caper

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For Oklahoma, it happens on a fairly frequent basis. But, this year's tornado and flooding statistics are particularly high (probably not record, but high nonetheless). Flooding is probably approaching record levels for several counties. News was saying we've had tornadoes in the state every day for the last 5 days, and they're predicting more storm possibilities through next Tuesday. So, before this jetstream-induced mess is over we may very well set some new records (unfortunately).

It's definitely keeping the wife and I from being able to get out and enjoy the new Talon. :(

Steve

Alabama’s tornado stats have been abnormally high the last 7-8 years but this year has been somewhat quite so far. Granted we’ve had half a dozen within 10miles of the house in the last 2 months but across the state it’s been quieter than average YTD.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
River crest prediction has been changed from 41ft. to 45ft. at Van Buren. The record was 34ft.
Yep! Just keep pouring more concrete and asphalt drive ways and parking lots, it will get worse! There are alternative methods that don't create the run off like hard surfaces, Look up alternative parking lot surfaces, pretty neat stuff.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tornado warned storm missed my house by 4 miles. Had a definite wall cloud. Rain is coming down in sheets.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Still? Must be the curse of the Mormans! That was bad! HA!
Storm chaser took this pic
FB IMG 1558741012274

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Alabama’s tornado stats have been abnormally high the last 7-8 years but this year has been somewhat quite so far. Granted we’ve had half a dozen within 10miles of the house in the last 2 months but across the state it’s been quieter than average YTD.
Shhhhhhh.
:)
Caper

Reactions: ohanacreek
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
That’s too hot already. That’s about our hottest day. Maybe a little more. But that’s rare. :)
Do you guys down south have air conditioning in your bikes. :)
Sweating. :)
Caper
No ya just got to get tuff. Ya kinda get used it but all ways have cold beverage available.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
The storms that are moving through Oklahoma City have deteriorated, losing most or all of their circulation. That's the good news. The bad news is that we're going to get another four hours or so of sustained rain, which will just add to the misery factor, as many communities here in Oklahoma are seeing record, or near-record, flooding already. Forecasts indicate that, due to the stalled position of the jetstream, we can expect more rain, every day through at least Wednesday. Then, we'll see a couple of days of break before the next wave works in.

Spring 2019 - the gift that keeps on giving...........

Steve

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!