Weather Talk

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Unquestionably more coming your way, as the Arkansas drainage in Oklahoma is getting a ton of rain again as I type this.

Steve
Where I live we should be safe. But everytime I watch the news they are talking about Tulsa area getting more rain and the crest and timing of it will have to be recalculated.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rogers Ave. Between Fort Smith and Barling is under water now and all connecting streets in that area. Also Clayton Expressway in Fort Smith is closed. The old lighthouse restaurant at the end of Midland Ave. will have water above floor level by this afternoon and delivery trucks in the parking lot to the west are submerged over the cab. The railroad bridge to the north is about 8 feet from being submerged. Lock and dam 13 at Barling is going under for sure. The gates are wide open and the lock will be abandoned. Floating docks, marina's, and house boats expected to break loose at any moment due to the current. Some land structures might be washed away by the time the river crests. It's getting ugly.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Rogers Ave. Between Fort Smith and Barling is under water now and all connecting streets in that area. Also Clayton Expressway in Fort Smith is closed. The old lighthouse restaurant at the end of Midland Ave. will have water above floor level by this afternoon and delivery trucks in the parking lot to the west are submerged over the cab. The railroad bridge to the north is about 8 feet from being submerged. Lock and dam 13 at Barling is going under for sure. The gates are wide open and the lock will be abandoned. Floating docks, marina's, and house boats expected to break loose at any moment due to the current. Some land structures might be washed away by the time the river crests. It's getting ugly.

YardDog, where in Arkansas are you located? I'm in Oklahoma City and we're doing ok, but Tulsa is in trouble (being on the Arkansas River). Sadly, the trouble they're seeing is only going to make your life - and everyone downsteam - more miserable.

Steve

Reactions: Caper
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
YardDog, where in Arkansas are you located? I'm in Oklahoma City and we're doing ok, but Tulsa is in trouble (being on the Arkansas River). Sadly, the trouble they're seeing is only going to make your life - and everyone downsteam - more miserable.

Steve
I'm north of the flooding, up in Crawford County. But I travel through the river valley all the time.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
We just went and checked out JRR. Corp has a constant vigil with someone physically watching thr gates. We are within inches of it overtopping their gates. They increased outflow another 10k cfs to 35k, but the river above the lake hasnt crested yet. The lake is 104% full and still rising. At 1130 last night they did an emergency evacuation of a Burlington neighborhood as Rock Creek overflowed and the water had nowhere to go.

Fall River did a civil emergency last night. The Corp had never released that volume of water before so they didnt know what would happen downstream.

All of this is headed to the Arkansas river

Last edited:
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Caught these in my food plot today.
20190525 133721
20190525 125301
20190525 131425
20190525 141225

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The storms that are moving through Oklahoma City have deteriorated, losing most or all of their circulation. That's the good news. The bad news is that we're going to get another four hours or so of sustained rain, which will just add to the misery factor, as many communities here in Oklahoma are seeing record, or near-record, flooding already. Forecasts indicate that, due to the stalled position of the jetstream, we can expect more rain, every day through at least Wednesday. Then, we'll see a couple of days of break before the next wave works in.

Spring 2019 - the gift that keeps on giving...........

Steve
We get a lot of rain but we don’t have any flat land except Truro, and that floods every spring almost.
Plus we don’t have big rivers.
Good luck.

Beautiful day here today.
Caper
And I wonder how to barge loads of fertilizer is going to affect the river life downstream from Tulsa?

Steve
Not good probably.
Caper

B5EB6C34 D1D0 4749 8FCF 88F1BADDF29C

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!