Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And I wonder how two barge loads of fertilizer is going to affect the river life downstream from Tulsa?

Steve
With the volume of water, I would think very little, maybe some eddies could be affected, were the fish will be!

Reactions: Caper
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Two tornadoes danced through the Oklahoma City metro area just now. Lots of debris and rescue efforts going on. Too early to know for sure, but I suspect substantial damage. We were ready to gather up the dog/cat and head for the storm shelter, but the twister that was bearing down on our area lifted several miles out. Raining hard now and will likely continue for at least the next hour.

I am absolutely sick and tired of this crap.

Steve

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Two tornadoes danced through the Oklahoma City metro area just now. Lots of debris and rescue efforts going on. Too early to know for sure, but I suspect substantial damage. We were ready to gather up the dog/cat and head for the storm shelter, but the twister that was bearing down on our area lifted several miles out. Raining hard now and will likely continue for at least the next hour.

Steve

I been watching this thread thinking bout all the people affected I know it’s a bad deal flooding here in Arkansas is getting nasty I’ve been thru two tornados that’s enough for me least u have a shelter stay safe

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X

Steve
I have mentioned you when talking to the wife about this thread. You are in our prayers. Stat safe.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I have mentioned you when talking to the wife about this thread. You are in our prayers. Stat safe.
We’ve been watching on the news. It’s almost unbelievable. This minute you own a house, ten minutes later, you don’t. I can’t imagine. Plus all the flooding. A lot of people are being affected.
Sad
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We’ve been watching on the news. It’s almost unbelievable. This minute you own a house, ten minutes later, you don’t. I can’t imagine. Plus all the flooding. A lot of people are being affected.
Sad
Caper
Nature is very strong and unpredictable, three Saturdays ago a four minute storm made for a week of clean up and that doesn't count burning the big brush pile!

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Tornado last night in El Reno OK, about 25 or so miles due west of Oklahoma City. Lots of damage, two confirmed dead so far with more injured. Fortunately it did not stay on the ground too long. Got a motel, grazed a trailer park, and some car dealerships. My wife has some relatives there, but they do not live near the area where the tornado hit. We own some land that we go riding on, about 5 miles north of the area.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nature is very strong and unpredictable, three Saturdays ago a four minute storm made for a week of clean up and that doesn't count burning the big brush pile!
Smitty, I don’t remember it ever being like this the last few years. The water and tornadoes.
Oh we know what Mother Nature can do up here. We can have huge storms. Besides a few trees and shingles, we don’t loose houses in a instant. I just can’t imagine.
Stay safe.
Caper

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Tornado last night in El Reno OK, about 25 or so miles due west of Oklahoma City. Lots of damage, two confirmed dead so far with more injured. Fortunately it did not stay on the ground too long. Got a motel, grazed a trailer park, and some car dealerships. My wife has some relatives there, but they do not live near the area where the tornado hit. We own some land that we go riding on about 5 miles north of the area.

SILVER_ALERT, so glad you weren't affected. There were two other tornadoes that flirted with OKC, the first moved near Bridgecreek and headed for Moore/Norman. We live far SE OKC and that one appeared that it would track straight towards us. We were making preparations to move into the storm shelter with the dog and cat. By the grace of God it dissipated long before it became a real threat. The other hopscotched across northern OKC, doing some damage along the way, but nothing like what hit El Reno.

Our prayers today will be for the good people of El Reno. This is the second substantial tornado disaster they've experienced in 6 years.

Steve

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Tornado last night in El Reno OK, about 25 or so miles due west of Oklahoma City. Lots of damage, two confirmed dead so far with more injured. Fortunately it did not stay on the ground too long. Got a motel, grazed a trailer park, and some car dealerships. My wife has some relatives there, but they do not live near the area where the tornado hit. We own some land that we go riding on, about 5 miles north of the area.
What is it with trailer parks. It’s like they are attracted to them. God help them.
Caper

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
What is it with trailer parks. It’s like they are attracted to them. God help them.
Caper

Sadly, mobile homes/RV's provide about as much protection from such events as a tent. Actually, they're much more dangerous than being in a tent, as they generate tons (literally) of flying, high velocity debris. The two fatalities in El Reno were both from the mobile home park that was adjacent to the motel that was essentially destroyed.

Steve

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sadly, mobile homes/RV's provide about as much protection from such events as a tent. Actually, they're much more dangerous than being in a tent, as they generate tons (literally) of flying, high velocity debris. The two fatalities in El Reno were both from the mobile home park that was adjacent to the motel that was essentially destroyed.

Steve
Holy crap Steve. When does tornado season end.
And it’s going to be the middle of summer before the water goes down. And with the heat, damn mild would set in fast.
Praying for you Steve.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
EC1F79D1 B5FD 46C4 93C3 8B4ECD482837
Just showed the lineup trying to get to the top of Everest. One guy died because he ran out of o2 and they all walked by him. Crazy.
Caper

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!