Weather Talk

D

Duckhunt

And been a long time, Duckhunt.
Is your Duck season open yet there.
We have around 65 degrees today. Had a little snow last Friday. Just flurries at the camp.
Caper
Hi Caper! Yup we open last weekend in September and never get the full 60 days as we're all froze up early November. It's just getting good this week. This weekend will be a struggle 15-18F everything in the boat freezes instantly with dogs shaking. But not too many fields around just all water (and woods). Deer are moving like crazy.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Caper! Yup we open last weekend in September and never get the full 60 days as we're all froze up early November. It's just getting good this week. This weekend will be a struggle 15-18F everything in the boat freezes instantly with dogs shaking. But not too many fields around just all water (and woods). Deer are moving like crazy.
It would definitely get the deer moving.
My old Golden had no problem breaking through ice and swimming. He was a good dog. Very smart.
They just want to please.
😊
Caper

Reactions: CID
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had to drop in and check you weather boys to see who else is miserable. We're sitting on about 6" total from 3 different snowfalls since last Thursday and now we're not supposed to get above freezing till next Wednesday! Monday’s low is 12. Our normal high is 48F today, so it is not "normal".View attachment 231434View attachment 231435
Where’s that at Duckhunt? Haven’t seen you here in sometime...🤔

Reactions: Duckhunt and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
30* cooler today than yesterday, and it’s really going to drop Sunday afternoon. Waking up Monday morning it will be 17*F and get to 30*F for the high. A tad better Tuesday, and then 50’s and 60’s thereafter. 🥶

Reactions: Duckhunt and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
30* cooler today than yesterday, and it’s really going to drop Sunday afternoon. Waking up Monday morning it will be 17*F and get to 30*F for the high. A tad better Tuesday, and then 50’s and 60’s thereafter. 🥶
And you laugh at us Canadians.
Haha
Lucky you’re not getting snow.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And you laugh at us Canadians.
Haha
Lucky you’re not getting snow.
Caper
No, I do not laugh at my Canadian brothers. I love you guys....😘

🤣😎

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah my bad for not keeping up here! Northern Minnesota. Pretty much whole state go hit sometime last week. End of 10 day forecast looks upper 30's so hopefully enough will melt to put patio furniture away!
Wow, good for hunting though? Take care and stay warm....😊

Reactions: Caper and Duckhunt
D

Duckhunt

Wow, good for hunting though? Take care and stay warm....😊
Thanks! Yeah ducks are moving through and my yard is getting invaded by deer! Our property is right next to 1000's acres of public forest, so I deer hunt out back from home. Our rifle deer season opener is first Saturday in November, and it's hit or miss if we have some snow or not. But this might hang on till then. We get snow often in October but it's usually gone in 24-48 hours.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks! Yeah ducks are moving through and my yard is getting invaded by deer! Our property is right next to 1000's acres of public forest, so I deer hunt out back from home. Our rifle deer season opener is first Saturday in November, and it's hit or miss if we have some snow or not. But this might hang on till then. We get snow often in October but it's usually gone in 24-48 hours.
When I was a younger guy, we always had snow at the camp in Cape Breton in the first week of November. Once and awhile now.
Caper

Reactions: Duckhunt
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol. We have been in low 80's for four days now. Rain falling now and wind coming out of north. Low tonight mid 40's. High tomorrow 58.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drought = Fires. Check out this footage

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Drought = Fires. Check out this footage
For reference, our previously largest fire was 138k acres, the East Troublesome fire started Tue or Wed and blew up 100k acres, OVER NIGHT. It's now #2 all time at 170k acres in 3 or 4 days and catching the Cameron Peak fire that's been burning since August 13th (207k acres). We've had 3 fires this summer eclipse the 138k fire in 2002. Five counties have closed access to their national forests threatening big fines and jail time for anyone caught.

Reactions: Caper and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For reference, our previously largest fire was 138k acres, the East Troublesome fire started Tue or Wed and blew up 100k acres, OVER NIGHT. It's now #2 all time at 170k acres in 3 or 4 days and catching the Cameron Peak fire that been burning since August 13th (207k acres). We've had 3 fires this summer eclipse the 138k fire in 2002. Five counties have closed access to their national forests threatening big fines and jail time for anyone caught.
I was thinking about you and other Colorado members when I posted this. How’s your air quality? I wonder how underground homes would fare when built in the middle of a forest? Especially areas prone to wildfires.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was thinking about you and other Colorado members when I posted this. How’s your air quality? I wonder how underground homes would fare when built in the middle of a forest? Especially areas prone to wildfires.
I've seen a couple of fire videos showing the radiant heat is so intense that homes combust when the fire is still some distance away. One of our most costly property loss fires was in the foothills west of Colorado Springs 5(?) years ago - those people had strict defensible perimeter rules in place for the entire neighborhood and it was virtually useless, every home burnt to the ground (with a very few exceptions). The radiant heat is unfathomable. An underground home would have to be deep and completely subterranean, not a place I'd want to live.

I'm on the southeast end of Denver and there have been many red sun days here from the Californian, Washington and Oregon fires but most of the Colorado fires are affecting northern Colorado down to northern Denver.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen a couple of fire videos showing the radiant heat is so intense that homes combust when the fire is still some distance away. One of our most costly property loss fires was in the foothills west of Colorado Springs 5(?) years ago - those people had strict defensible perimeter rules in place for the entire neighborhood and it was virtually useless, every home burnt to the ground (with a very few exceptions). The radiant heat is unfathomable. An underground home would have to be deep and completely subterranean, not a place I'd want to live.

I'm on the southeast end of Denver and there have been many red sun days here from the Californian, Washington and Oregon fires but most of the Colorado fires are affecting northern Colorado down to northern Denver.
Glad you are safe. Have you ever done the steam caves in Idaho Springs?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Stay safe CID.
Keep us informed.
Caper

Reactions: CID and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!