Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
56 this morning on the way in. Gonna be another great day! But it looks like a storm headed to Omaha!
WPS!
Omahog

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Good story of hoofing it. Best times as a kid, on an SL70. Topped out around 50 with high lift cam and shorty pipe. Bet a few were paid with paper routes, like mine.

View attachment 135152
Haha, I had a Yamaha 80. I put a plate on it and drove it to and from school until I got my lisence and got my Astra. haha. I think my brother still has it.
:D
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Been in low 60's past couple nights. Suppose be 58 Thursday morning. Had windows open Caper past couple nights. But, heard it is fixing be summer time next couple weeks. Fun, fun.
Haha. We are enjoying the nice cool nights with the windows open. I sleep great.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
:p

By the way... weather-wise, it's HOTTER THAN HELL here! High yesterday was 96 I think.. today, it's supposed to hit the century mark.

Woopie freakin do.

Yesterday I was out working in it. At least today, I can look at from my air conditioned office. :)
That’s toooo hot already.
:)
Caper

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haha, I had a Yamaha 80. I put a plate on it and drove it to and from school until I got my lisence and got my Astra. haha. I think my brother still has it.
:D
Caper

You had an Astra? Pontiac's Vega! I'd love to find a clean example of an Astra & stuff a small block in it... V8 Vega's are fun!

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
You had an Astra? Pontiac's Vega! I'd love to find a clean example of an Astra & stuff a small block in it... V8 Vega's are fun!

I wanted to buy a Cosworth Vega and was never able to find a good used one. Not too many were made. A really cool car if you've ever seen one. I had a Cosworth engine once in a race car. A really great motor.

Vega

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha. I was going to do just that. My dads cousin opened a engine rebuild shop just before I bought it. ‘75 ant it was a ‘74. Some Dr came through a red light on the day after New Year’s Day and rote it off. Haha. Probably a good thing.
I saw a nice one two days ago, small block, green. There is another one that goes to the car shows. I said to my wife, that was my first car, except it had a motor 1/4 size and you had to fill the oil every time you put gas in it. :) I put speakers in the back up top and my friends still curse them, because they wacked their heads. Haha. Oh well, walk. Haha
Caper

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wanted to buy a Cosworth Vega and was never able to find a good used one. Not too many were made. A really cool car if you've ever seen one. I had a Cosworth engine once in a race car. A really great motor.

View attachment 135695

yea, cool car. I've seen a handful of them over the years. That body style is still way more fun with a healthy 350. Gotta weld in frame connectors though, otherwise it twists itself into a pretzel.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
yea, cool car. I've seen a handful of them over the years. That body style is still way more fun with a healthy 350. Gotta weld in frame connectors though, otherwise it twists itself into a pretzel.
Haha, yeah they weren’t made for 300 hp. :)
Caper

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haha, yeah they weren’t made for 300 hp. :)
Caper

Pretty much the same thing as the Monza. I had two of those. Both V8 4speeds. The 262 small block was pretty anemic, but a small block is a small block, and a 350 fits the same....woke that sucker right up. Problem was, the Saginaw tranny wasn't able to hold 350+ HP either. Fun, fun car though!
My cousin is currently building what will be his 3rd V8 Vega. It's gonna be a tire burnin SOB. :)

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Pretty much the same thing as the Monza. I had two of those. Both V8 4speeds. The 262 small block was pretty anemic, but a small block is a small block, and a 350 fits the same....woke that sucker right up. Problem was, the Saginaw tranny wasn't able to hold 350+ HP either. Fun, fun car though!
My cousin is currently building what will be his 3rd V8 Vega. It's gonna be a tire burnin SOB. :)
Haha. Post a picture when he’s done.
Everything would be a SOB, from a good trans, and you’d have to build a rear end. And then make it fit.

Reactions: mjn
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!