Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I ran my entire house in Pex....except the shower fixture. It is pex to it, but then the control body up to the shower head and the down to the tub spout had to be copper. I highly doubt anyone calling themselves a plumber couldn't do some solder.
We’re using copper stub outs everywhere. Pre made, that’s what he was soldering to the stud straps. You don’t want to be stubbing PEX out of the wall.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, so can I, believe it or not. My brother was a pipe fitter. So I watched when I was younger. Heat the joint, and let the solder suck into the joint.
There are some spots where I like to use copper too.
Under sinks and stuff like that.
In the camp, everything has to drain , one way or the other..
I don’t see any drink glasses around from when you stop for the day. :)
As long as you’re having fun.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I purchased a portable threader so that we could run gas. Very handy tool.

View attachment 185606
But it’s one of those things that you need at the time and then it goes on the shelf and then loan it to people after that. Until 10 years from now when someone says. they have to do a bit of pipe threading, and you say,
I have one of those.
:D
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
But it’s one of those things that you need at the time and then it goes on the shelf and then loan it to people after that. Until 10 years from now when someone says. they have to do a bit of pipe threading, and you say,
I have one of those.
:D
Caper
I’ll be doing an addition to the house next year. Bath, mud room, laundry room. I’ll use it then for sure. I also have some gas pipe to run at my ranch in OK, and may be running some gas pipe to my deck at the lake house for an outdoor grill. Anyway, $200.00 to rent, $189.00 to purchase from Harbor Freight.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha, so can I, believe it or not. My brother was a pipe fitter. So I watched when I was younger. Heat the joint, and let the solder suck into the joint.
There are some spots where I like to use copper too.
Under sinks and stuff like that.
In the camp, everything has to drain , one way or the other..
I don’t see any drink glasses around from when you stop for the day. :)
As long as you’re having fun.
Caper
You see a bottle of grey goose on the table on the right if you zoom in on this pic....😊

6C54D9E3 15DC 4E11 840A 441C53515647

R

rickoshea

i've been slowly converting my cottage and my townhouse from poly b to pex.what a pita.my townhouse had no shutoffs to any taps.my father was a pipe fitter so a little of it rubbed off on me.i was also in property/facilities management for 15 years.jack of all trades,master of none.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!