H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My Buddy got the Weller Racing Springs and valving. The Quick Switch three controls the high and low speed damping. They soften it up a bit. I ordered the rear spring set and will do a comparison. I have 14,600 and some miles on mine. It looks like the bottom spring is the soft one then it crosses over to the upper spring but I'm not sure. My tender springs may need to be replaced. They will have a spring kit with cross over rings for the Talon X in a few days.

Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a complete set of Wellers springs for the R. Shoot Me a PM if interested.

$280 + shipping for the complete set.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I will get my Weller springs on Wednesday and will be testing this week. If I like the springs I will buy your complete set for my 2020 Talon. I see you have a turbo so I expect you ride fast and the Weller springs may be to0 soft. Several of the guys I ride with need a super soft ride or they need a couple of days to recover. I slow down for the huge whoops and we don't have many where I ride but lots of wash board and rough rocky desert and forest roads.

Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks Bob I will wait to hear back from you.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I will get my Weller springs on Wednesday and will be testing this week. If I like the springs I will buy your complete set for my 2020 Talon. I see you have a turbo so I expect you ride fast and the Weller springs may be to0 soft. Several of the guys I ride with need a super soft ride or they need a couple of days to recover. I slow down for the huge whoops and we don't have many where I ride but lots of wash board and rough rocky desert and forest roads.
Looking forward to your review.....

Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Still have a complete set of Wellers springs for the R. Shoot Me a PM if interested.

$280 + shipping for the complete set

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Weller Racing rear spring kit makes a good improvement. I'm testing on a 60 mile loop that I usually don't ride because its so rough and with large water bars. I had to add more preload with my Motorcycle in the back. The additional weight is around 130 pounds and its centered at the end of the bed. I'm still testing and comparing it with my 2020 Talon R with the tender spring cross over rings set to near tender spring coil bind. Both have the sway bar removed and that makes the suspension better especially in the rocky sections. I should get done testing sometime next week.

20200516 114115 resized

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Weight and G force is a killer. from the pics and description, could use a longer upper spring to play with the crossover more to keep the softer ride,.

Reactions: CID
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Those are the stock springs in the motorcycle picture. The Weller springs have a smaller wire diameter and the tender spring is longer. I tested my stock 2020 Talon R today with the tender springs near coil bind and it is pretty good and probably good enough for many owners. I removed the sway bar on both Talons. The Weller springs are noticeably better and I expect they will be way better in the sand wash washboard. 4WD also helps in the sand wash washboard too. To find the 40 to 70 mph long whoop sections I would have to go to California desert or find an old race course. The Talon does great for all my riding. The guys with the Talon X all need the spring kit upgrade.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm going to do some sand wash washboard testing next and have a few places to check in the North. I may have to go to the desert when we get a below normal temp. I run 9 psi in the front tires and 11 in the rear. For high speed rides I run 12 and 14.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Tagging @my99svt - he just got his back from Weller as well
@my99svt Did you get the valving done at the same time? How did you define your riding - high speed/racing or (softer) trail riding? Care to share the cost?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Yes, Weller worked some magic on my suspension. I sent them off and they did both valve work and new springs. Trails we ride are mostly 5-25mph. Sometimes faster, no racing. The cost with schraeder valver was a little over $1400 Rides about the same from 0-10mph, 10 and up is amazingly smooth!
@my99svt Did you get the valving done at the same time? How did you define your riding - high speed/racing or (softer) trail riding? Care to share the cost?

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes, Weller worked some magic on my suspension. I sent them off and they did both valve work and new springs. Trails we ride are mostly 5-25mph. Sometimes faster, no racing. The cost with schraeder valver was a little over $1400 Rides about the same from 0-10mph, 10 and up is amazingly smooth!

You doing the Weller stuff on the X?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, just waiting on Weller to tell me to ship them!
Got pics of how you packed them - I don't have a clue? I'd probably buy a pallet and stuff 'em between the top and bottom layers. o_O

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got pics of how you packed them - I don't have a clue? I'd probably buy a pallet and stuff 'em between the top and bottom layers. o_O

Weller is local to me as is ST, so if you still have plans on heading to the desert maybe you can schedule dropping the car off to them.

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R

I removed the springs to save bulk and weight. Then I just took it to a fedex place and they packaged it. Wasn't cheap. They provided boxes and it was $150.00

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I removed the springs to save bulk and weight. Then I just took it to a fedex place and they packaged it. Wasn't cheap. They provided boxes and it was $150.00
Ouch, :oops: makes my pallet idea look 'reasonable' - or not.

Weller is local to me as is ST, so if you still have plans on heading to the desert maybe you can schedule dropping the car off to them.
Cool, :cool: that'll work. 👍

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!