P700 Went look at 700-4

P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
Went look at the Honda 500 and 700-4 today at sportsman show. Think I'm going to buy the bullet and get the 700-4. Plan to call all the Honda shops and see if any will deal on price.

Reactions: Plumber32
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Good choice in my opinion, I like mine more and more every time I drive it.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
I don't think you will regret it. We love ours. Just did an oil change today.

DesertRat

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Initially, I didn't want a Pioneer - slow, rough, and clunky were my reasons. However, it's so dependable that people most often use the word "bullet-proof" to describe it - you'll rarely hear that word used to describe other machines that can cost double what this one does. You could probably abuse this machine for years without servicing it a single time if you were so inclined - not recommended, but it's doable.

I put just over 1,300 miles on my 700-4 this past month in some of the harshest conditions that could be found in rocky, mountainous areas with temperatures that pushed up to 115 degrees and there was never even a hint of a problem - not even a flat. It's dependability rocks. The ride is a bit rough, but it can be smoothed down with lowering tire air pressures - it's LOTS smoother running 8 to 10 PSI; and hopefully, new shocks will help as well.

There's absolutely nothing I can do about the slowness, but it's really not a problem on the trails, windy roads, and city driving – The only time speed has been a problem for me is when I have to travel down a highway... That's when I could use another 15 mph or so. That is, 44 mph has been MORE than enough speed for traveling trails - there's evidence on my skid plate to prove that point :)

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree. Remember when that Engine/Transmission came out in the Rincon. Talk was that the automatic would never last. Fooled them . My 05 Rincon is still running strong and never a bit of probem with it. Pulled some good loads with it also.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!