P1000 western impact snow plow

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
anyone have any commercial style v plows that are working well with the pioneer?

IMG 0222 IMG 0223

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Looks like it works off of hydraulics. Looks well made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
yes fully hydraulic and is actually the exact plow that would be sold by western to put on a small truck or suv with a mount made for the pioneer

Last edited:
Reactions: cruddy0815
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
That's very nice. Lots better controls than using a winch to work blade.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I read on one of these forums that some one had a western impact plow (don't remember them saying it was a Vee thought) and they were saying that it was too heavy for the stock shocks. I bet it is real nice to plow with though, I hate getting out of the heated cab to change the direction of the plow.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
I have the BOSS V plow for mine, and love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It would take me about a nano second to rip all those little wires off that.
Thats kinda what i was thinking too. Thats a lot of unsealed terminals and spade conectors out in the weather.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: uconn411
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Go to their website. It has a cover that covers it all up sealed up tight. That pic just shows how it looks with the cover off so that we can see how it works

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Go to their website. It has a cover that covers it all up sealed up tight. That pic just shows how it looks with the cover off so that we can see how it works

if the cover is anything like the one they put on their truck plows, its no where near sealed up tight. The Western plow I have for my pick up has a molded plastic cover the just kind of snaps on over pump and wiring. I have actually knocked it off with snow coming up over the plow while pushing snow banks back. I ended up running a bungy cord around it to make sure it stays on. As long as it does stay on though it does a good job of keeping the weather off all that stuff inside,I check the fluid in mine every year , all the working components in there still look like new.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
thats with the cover off so u could see the internals lol its not like that all the time

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I read on one of these forums that some one had a western impact plow (don't remember them saying it was a Vee thought) and they were saying that it was too heavy for the stock shocks. I bet it is real nice to plow with though, I hate getting out of the heated cab to change the direction of the plow.
it is heavy but not nearly to heavy at all but I did get the Polaris rubber spring buffers for like $25 and u can just pop them right in there with no tools at all and that made it perfect! Also i recommend those to leave in anyways!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
that was a picture with cover off so u could see the internals, what type plow do u use?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
if the cover is anything like the one they put on their truck plows, its no where near sealed up tight. The Western plow I have for my pick up has a molded plastic cover the just kind of snaps on over pump and wiring. I have actually knocked it off with snow coming up over the plow while pushing snow banks back. I ended up running a bungy cord around it to make sure it stays on. As long as it does stay on though it does a good job of keeping the weather off all that stuff inside,I check the fluid in mine every year , all the working components in there still look like new.
yes this plow is prob a smaller version of what is on your truck!! How do u like western so far I bought this after a lot of research showed they were the best. It was a hard decision between this one and the boss but boss didn't have auto scoop and retract mode! that was a big factor for me.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
yes this plow is prob a smaller version of what is on your truck!! How do u like western so far I bought this after a lot of research showed they were the best. It was a hard decision between this one and the boss but boss didn't have auto scoop and retract mode! that was a big factor for me.
I can't say anything bad about the plow really, I've had it since '09 when I bought my truck. It is what it is, the only thing thats has happened to it was the cover falling off while in use, luckily I saw it and didn't plow into a pile, mines the HTS basic plow for a 1/2 truck, it has been lost in storage for the last two seasons as I plow my crap with the pioneer now.....much more fun. The western Vee plow on the pioneer really looks pissa, unfortunatly my pockets aren't that deep.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!