P500 What’s everyone doing for music?

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
Wanted to follow up on this one for anyone curious how they turned out.

I took them out for our first ride in the machine and they were problematic. They wouldn’t stay paired together and the sound is almost all tweeter with a tiny bit of middle range. While driving I didn’t have to max it out on volume but it was close. I did like the bushwhacker straps though.

For an inexpensive solution it was worth experimenting with but I’m back to looking.

I was considering the MTX sound bar since it’s low profile and tucks under the roof but it’s not well reinforced and can split apart. Currently leaning towards the Wet Sounds sound bar with 6 speakers. It’s made of aluminum, low profile and seems to have great sound. Plug and play with a built in amp and Bluetooth receiver. Time to crank up the budget and the level of effort I guess. haha
Sorry to hear the speaker idea didn’t work out for you, I’ve had no problem with the two speakers linking up (knock on wood). I agree the sound quality will not be mistaken for a full power ‘thumping’ set up and it does show its limitations when cruising at full speed when the noise levels are highest...but for me that’s the time I’m not really listening to the music anyway. Good luck in your search!

J

johnnyrockets

Feb 8, 2021
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
Consider adding the sub to the WetSounds, it'll sound a lot better.
Good idea. Where to put it though? Under the seat or in a separate utility box in the bed? I saw somewhere a specific under seat unit for the 500 from a different company. If using the wet sounds one, I guess it would have to be a custom mount then, right?

Reactions: trigger
J

johnnyrockets

Feb 8, 2021
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry to hear the speaker idea didn’t work out for you, I’ve had no problem with the two speakers linking up (knock on wood). I agree the sound quality will not be mistaken for a full power ‘thumping’ set up and it does show its limitations when cruising at full speed when the noise levels are highest...but for me that’s the time I’m not really listening to the music anyway. Good luck in your search!
No worries man! It was worth a shot.

Reactions: Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Remington
K

kyote

Jul 24, 2020
La Porte TX
Ownership

1. 500
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Anywhere to get these currently? That link is busted and the url comes up scammy on Google.
Might be gone, got mine on Polaris clearance 3 yrs ago, if none on ebay, then unlikely.

E8F69C23 ED7A 4D48 827F 7FF14B059099

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’ve been doing a bunch of research on options for getting tunes in my new 520. I’m wondering what you guys have come up with.

Sound bars have some appeal since they’re all inclusive but they take away most of the real estate available on the roll bar for other accessories and are expensive for the better ones.

There’s some interesting stuff out there with headless or minimal remotes using Bluetooth. The marine audio stuff seems like a good place to look. I’m liking the idea of a small amp with a little mounted remote. There are units that come with both but then you have to get creative with the speaker install.

There’s also those speaker pod setups or “wake tower” setups. Seems like they would be in the way in these small cabs though.

Then there are the under the roof systems with the speakers and head unit in an enclosure, but I’m not sure how they get mounted.

Lots of options out there, but everything has pros and cons. What did you guys settle on? How’d it turn out?
Soundbars in all mine, sound great unless you’re a champagne sound guy....

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
After a lot of research, i still couldn’t decide what to do for sound. Decided I’d try two Bluetooth Speakers (Aomais brand) off of Amazon, $52 for two, and $20 for the roll bar straps. I’m very happy with how they work and sound. The speakers link together for stereo sound, are waterproof, and run time is good. Plus you can take them off easily and use them elsewhere. I brought it out ice fishing last weekend, and every one immediately went on line and ordered the same set up. Obviously the sound is not the same as an installed high power amp, sub system... but works great for what I need. Especially for the price.

View attachment 257748
I have this exact setup. I love it. This speaker last a long time on a single charge.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
JBL Extreme bluetooth speaker. Excellent sound, great bass response and volume. Super simple. I zip tied one months ago and have left it there. Buy 2 and pair them together for 'maximum effort' . . . :p

Just gonna leave this here...

...and one is plenty!

Bingy

Bingy

Oct 7, 2018
Salem, Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is what running...SSV Works head unit. Doesn't put out a lot of power but it works. E46e2f65c3fdf127b3699820116e7668

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Noise cancelling Bose ear buds or my AXIL bluetooth earplugs for shooting. Can hear the music and save what hearing I have left. Also don't disturb anyone else with my taste in music. Use a UE Boom or Monster blue tooth speaker when parked if we want to share music.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!