BOX1

Talon What 4 point harness

J

Jay316

Jan 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all. Ordered some harnesses from Aces Racing. My search was for the Talon only. Someone asked if these bolted in a Talon and the answer given was yes. Unfortunately, the collar on the factory bolts is too big for the hole of the harness mounts. The hole is big enough to go over the bolt threads, but the harness mount won’t be able to swivel after tightening the bolt. I won’t be able to drill the mount hole larger because there just isn’t enough metal to be safe. I could use a couple chain links, but I don’t want to hear the rattling that would come of it. What 4 point harnesses are there that will properly fit the Talons hardware without modifications? Thanks in advance

Reactions: BWAF
FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
can't help you on the harness but welcome to the club

Reactions: Jay316
J

Jay316

Jan 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
can't help you on the harness but welcome to the club
Thank you. I’ve had the Talon for 3 days now. Almost already time for the initial service lol. I guess one could say I’m having a blast.

Reactions: FJC 79
H

HondaTech

Nobody I know of makes a harness that fits the shoulder bolt.

We've been using Dragonfire hatnesses and enlarging them to fit the shoulder, and reusing the stock washers that are there as well.

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you. I’ve had the Talon for 3 days now. Almost already time for the initial service lol. I guess one could say I’m having a blast.
@Jay316 it's always fun getting a new toy :cool:

Reactions: Jay316
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I used the Pro Armour 5 points. I also drilled out the mounting buckle to allow the shoulder of the bolt to go through. The buckles are very hard to drill. You need a drill press with a vice and a few good drill bits. I think you could get a non shouldered bolt 7/16" and then you wouldn't have to modify the belt .

J

Jay316

Jan 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
I used the Pro Armour 5 points. I also drilled out the mounting buckle to allow the shoulder of the bolt to go through. The buckles are very hard to drill. You need a drill press with a vice and a few good drill bits. I think you could get a non shouldered bolt 7/16" and then you wouldn't have to modify the belt .
I think I will get a bolt and then put a nylon nut on it as a stop point so the belt will swivel like it should. Or I will just crank it down without the nut for no swivel. Thank you guys

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think I will get a bolt and then put a nylon nut on it as a stop point so the belt will swivel like it should. Or I will just crank it down without the nut for no swivel. Thank you guys
That sounds like a good solution. Lowes may have the parts you need.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!