What brought you to Hondasxs.com and the Pioneer?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I purchased our first house with 20 acres. The first big investment we made was a small tractor. Our first year here we went big on our garden. We have always had a garden but now this is our largest garden yet. We made plans to be able to sell produce by year 2 and so I pushed for a side by side because at this time all we had was 2 4 wheelers and moving tools and produce from the house to the barn to the garden was a hassle. The first thought was use the tractor, it's bucket can move everything. It is a small tractor so my fear was getting stuck so we got the ag tires when we purchased the tractor so it never gets stuck but tears up the yard. So we started looking for a side by side. I was leaning towards a general or ranger but my wife really wanted more than a 2 seater and I did not want a limo for a side by side. My wife did some research and found the Pioneer. Then I searched the Pioneer and found out not only was it a Honda it had a DCT, seats in the bed, and it's a Honda! We do not typically make new purchases as we tend to like to save our money. Our finances are typically healthy but we choose to live in a manner that allows us to do whatever we want. We enjoy making purchases whenever we want so some things are sacrificed. Our cars are not the newest, our house is not 4000 Sq ft, and we choose to not have children yet. On the plus side we typically buy whatever we want, date night when we want, clothes shop when we want, and take days off work when we want. I have too many friends with a nice new suburban house with new car and yet when you talk to them they can't afford anything else. Then came our tractor purchase and I could not believe the price people were asking for used equipment. Things could have years of use with many hours and people would still be able to sell them for basically 80 to 90% cost of a new machine. My wife loves Kubota so we talked to a dealer and got what we wanted. My wife's exact words were "I don't drive a new car but I will drive a new tractor". Then came the pioneer and we saw the same thing when it came to price. You might save $3kish but it's 4 years old with 1500 miles and 300 hours. It was interesting because you could see other manufacturers in my area that were used machines selling for almost half of new with the same above description but not the Honda. So we made the same decision on the Honda that we made on the Kubota. To us it's an investment. I want to be able to use it for 4 years and put 300 hours on it with 1500 miles and then keep using it longer than that. Originally we were looking at a 700-4 but two things came into play. Weight capacity and top speed. We have some heavier people in our family and when calculated I felt uncomfortable sticking 4 grown people into the 700. I was worried the weight would bog it down. Where we live outside of a small town where family still lives is a 5 minute drive and we wanted to ride the pioneer to town and visit. I wanted to be able to cruise around 45 to 50 because our main road is a 55mph speed limit. The 1000-5 solved both of those problems. Now if you know me I am tinkerer. I never leave things alone. I enjoy modifying things. Almost every Google search brought me to this website. The information fascinated me for hours. I saw so many people who tinkered the same way I do. My favorite part was there isn't one way to do something. This website proves it. There are successes and failures on here and people collectively attempting to solve issues. That's when I decided I needed to be part of the chaos. Sorry for theong post but our journey to the Pioneer was not a short one.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Basically when Honda made the pioneer 1000 DCT it caught my eye.

I read a lot on this site in 2016-2018 as a guest viewer.

Talon really got me interested and I joined the forum as a free user.

Talon X4 announcement came and i pre ordered one, lifetime membership here.

Got the first talon x4 in Alaska and have been turning heads every time I drive past a group ever since. 😂😂😂

It’s not stock anymore like the pickup day picture........

8A0BBE90 7CF8 4A30 9A55 EC0F929A7045 16473887 BF4C 478C BAF9 3AD89ECDFA43 BB01EC45 3B8C 4EBA 84DB 65D21D55A5D2 F70A4FEE E96C 4E40 A28C 0279F2525E68 DFDE6F00 1587 4515 A900 5C0218D38C0E

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ac
You must have been googling "Excellence" lol
actually had a krx in my shop that the clutch bolts kept backing out and a random over heat. the guy had big trip planned for 4th july. dealer couldn't get to it, so I was looking into anyone else having the problem and I did stumble onto this forum. Long story short once started actually looking at the krx s### was trashed pushed outside told the guy to buy a honda loaded up for my weekend trip lol. FYI he didn't get it back from dealer till november.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow!! These have been some great stories. I started out as a youngster on a Yamaha Mini enduro 60. My next was a Yamaha 175 street legal enduro and the the 250 DT. I started three wheelers about 1980ish and figured I get a Honda. Purchased a 185S for hunting and a year later a 250R for playing. When four wheelers were starting to replace the three wheelers I sold mine and got a Honda 300 Four tracks. I think maybe 1984. It still runs great. Years later one of the hands at the deer lease was selling a Yamaha Rhino 660 and I thought that's the route I should go. I was very happy with that until 2016 when a deer lease buddy pulled up on his new Honda Pioneer 1000. As we stood there visiting about his machine I realized it was still running. It was so quite compared to my Yamaha Sherman tank. Two months later I sold the Yamaha for almost what I paid for it and purchased a 2017 P1K-3. I started watching youtube videos on how to do things to the new Honda and saw the club website address on one of the machines in the video. Being a curious bastard, I went to the site and it was like I had found my home. These guys are the friend that I haven't met yet. Well, I have met a few and hope to meet a few more at the T.O.

#NTC

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
The wife and I were thinking of getting something and start trail riding as a family. I didn’t want a limo to fit 4 people in when riding trails. Nothing was really coming of it until I had to replace my step fathers Honda generator that had been stolen from my house. I went with him to use my insurance money to replace it and seen the Pioneer with the flip up seats. A few weeks later while out of town and having some time to kill, we popped into a Honda dealership so that I could show it to her. She liked the idea and we test drove the 700 and the 1000. She liked the 1000-5 better and I was in no position to argue with her. After making some extra money at work in 2017, went and picked up our Blue 1000-5. While doing my research and being all over FB I joined the forums then eventually became a member. After riding a few times and taking a few trips, it turned into something I enjoyed more that the 3 girls in the house. I sold the 1000 last September with the intention of getting something with a better suspension and was looking at a Talon X. Being that I’m working all the time due to Hurricane Laura I haven’t gotten a replacement yet. Unfortunately it’s looking like I may go with an RMax but this group is by far more helpful and active then the Yamaha forums and crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reason for the P1K-5:

Needed something that seats five and didn’t want a long wheel base machine, DCT and it’s a Honda... tough as nails utility machines!

Came across this site:

No clue! Just ended up here as if The Force brought me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wanted 5 seats and not a bus, in researching the Honda I stumbled across this place and the rest is history.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!