What do you wear while riding?

Wisco_rider

Wisco_rider

Apr 25, 2020
Hartland,wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry if this has been discussed or this is the wrong place.

What does everyone wear while out on the trails? I just purchased my first sxs, coming from dirt bikes and atvs. I always wore pants,boots, etc while on my atv due to being exposed to the elements. Seems like all that is not necessary in a sxs since it is mostly enclosed. Throw a windshield and roof on and its not much different than driving a car with the windows down.

Anyways, lets hear it.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What does everyone wear while out on the trails? I just purchased my first sxs, coming from dirt bikes and atvs. I always wore pants,boots, etc while on my atv due to being exposed to the elements. Seems like all that is not necessary in a sxs since it is mostly enclosed. Throw a windshield and roof on and its not much different than driving a car with the windows down.

Anyways, lets hear it.

I wear nothing 🤣 just joking I wear pants and boots but I wore to the same thing at the beach 🤷‍♂️

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Anyways, lets hear it.
Your MSR jacket and riding pants are great if its muddy and nasty, nice weather I've been known to wear my swimming trunks and sandals and jump into swimming holes on the ride, if it's just me and the wife in secluded area I wear ?????????

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Shorts and a tshirt in the summer. Boots and gloves in the fall. Rain gear and muck boots in the winter.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Birthday suit with Muck Boots, 😜 JK, boots jeans and a shirt boss. Sometimes but not really a helmet. Welcome to the club from WV!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would wear what ever you are comfortable in if you want to wear a helmet do it i know a guy that tried to climb something he shouldn't of rolled down hill, concussion and partially blind in one eye for a while no helmet depends how your going to ride ;)

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Typically jeans or light weight water resistant pants and long sleeves. Most of the time a light weight long sleeve shirt is cooler than a tshirt because it keeps the sun off your arms. Helmet and goggles on the trail or helmet and sunglasses on road. Boots or muck boots on my feet

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like 5-11 tactical long sleeve shirts, long pants or their shorts. Rip stop, with lots of pockets. Sleeves roll up and button safari style. I wear a leather G1 flight jacket an old one I had around. Leather jackets are pretty much water proof(especially if you put mink oil on them), cactus, brush and branches won't penetrate and easy to wipe dust or mud off. Think Indiana jones😂😎 I wear boots in case I have to hike out. I wear riding gloves. I have a philosophy that if you are prepared for something it probably won't happen. So I am ready for a quick moving storm, or a break down and be out there into the night. I layer up for cold weather and keep my jacket and maybe a sweater in my gear bag even on summer rides. Up in Utah 8000 feet it was 85 degrees, then a storm hit fast, hard rain and temp dropped in to 60's. We put on every stitch of clothes we had😝. I carry ponchos all the time they are small and rain suits if there is a chance of rain.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Anyways, lets hear it.
First off let’s dispel the idea of you won’t get wet , dusty , or muddy , because you will depending on the terrain you are riding. I have a lot of gravel roads that I ride and when we are done we look like we got hit by a flower truck. Point is look at the weather and riding conditions and dress accordingly.
PS, don’t listen to these guys about ridin neckid cuz the seat will burn yer ars ! Welcome from WNC😁

Wisco_rider

Wisco_rider

Apr 25, 2020
Hartland,wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off let’s dispel the idea of you won’t get wet , dusty , or muddy , because you will depending on the terrain you are riding. I have a lot of gravel roads that I ride and when we are done we look like we got hit by a flower truck. Point is look at the weather and riding conditions and dress accordingly.
PS, don’t listen to these guys about ridin neckid cuz the seat will burn yer ars ! Welcome from WNC😁
Oh, I am well aware I will still be getting wet,dusty, and muddy. I have ridden with sxs before and they end pretty much just as dirty as the atv guys.

I guess I was more referring to bottoms/foot wear. Im a bare foot driver when it comes to my on road vehicles (when the weather is appropriate). Just wondering if everyone still geared up, or was more relaxed. I would never ride an atv barefoot and in shorts, but I dont see why not in a sxs. Figure its less things to have to dry out and wash at the end of the day (water in the boots really sucks).

Anyways, carry on.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from South FL!
A lot of us down here ride with shorts n flip flops 😉 like you said its a lot easier to clean up and yes soggy wet socks and boots SUCK!!!

R

rickoshea

for me personally,always boots and a helmet.winter it's my quilted coveralls and mad bomber hat.summer it's a long sleeve t shirt at least.i ride forest trails and always get smacked by branches,even with the nets down.i wouldn't even consider riding in flipflops.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
for me personally,always boots and a helmet.winter it's my quilted coveralls and mad bomber hat.summer it's a long sleeve t shirt at least.i ride forest trails and always get smacked by branches,even with the nets down.i wouldn't even consider riding in flipflops.
IMO Flip flops are worthless. Not much better than being barefooted. I wear boots and pants 90% of the time. If I was riding trails that I had zero chance of getting stuck or flipped, I might wear shorts and tennis shoes. And a helmet if my kids are with me or I'm going to known bad trails.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!