What does you tool set look like?

C

cannon

Jul 31, 2013
What does you tool set look like for the trail?
When setting on on a ride one would normally pack a tool set beyond the factory included set. One would select a variety of tools that would allow him/her to work on most anything trail side. Seeing this is a HONDA I would reccommend the normal.
8mm wrench and sockets
10mm wrench and sockets
12mm wrench and sockets
14mm wrench and sockets
17mm wrench and sockets
19mm wrench and sockets
ratchet, adjustable, screw driver set, hammer, punch, pliers, wire cutters, needle noses.

What else do you recommend taking on the trail?

atvsnowman

atvsnowman

Mar 28, 2013
When I go riding I usually carry a full tool set, But that is because I have the room. If I was on an ATV I would carry the above and maybe a few other items. I carry a standard set also of the normal ranges.
My kit has saved me many of times on the trial.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I was going through my tool box today and decide I would try a different style of picture taking - Stop Motion Video.
Enjoy....
Post a pic and details of what you have in your trail tool box! thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4080.jpg
    IMG_4080.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_4081.jpg
    IMG_4081.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 657
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Nice i am going to have to get a little tool box to put in mine. What black tool box is that?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This is the tool box I take 4-wheeling with me.
It has come in handy many of times, mostly for other riders I have come across on the trail. 
It fits in the rear foot rest of my Pioneer. It is a tight fit but it fits with the rear seat folded down. 
Makes for good use of that wasted storage space. 

Most of the tools you are familiar with. I will list some of the others. 

CO2 info -http://2faroffroad.com/tips-and-tricks/home-made-accessories/my-custom-made-tire-kit
Box -http://www.fuertecases.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=T6000&Category_Code=

Taped to the lid:
- 3 packs of black tire plugs. 
- several spare fuses. 
- 2 extra valve steam cores

Tools:
- 2 packs of red tire plugs. 
- CO2 tank hose with fittings. 
- 20 oz CO2 tank. 
- Yellow tool bag with tools
-- set of sockets in few different configurations. All in MM size ranging from 4mm to 24mm, extensions, reducers, enlargers, 1/4 swivel, 3/8 swivel, 1/4 ratchet, 3/8 ratchet, 1/4 ratchet. 
-- Wrench set. 8mm to 19mm. 
-- adjustable wrench
-- bit set, and plastic rivet remover tool. 
- Hammer
- Several screw drivers. 
- Pry bar
- Channel lock pliers
- needle nose pliers
- large punch, small punch
- tire plug tools. 
- Hex wrench set in MM size. 
- quad wrench. 16, 17, 18, 19mm in size. 
- extra tie rod end (needs to be replaced with)
- shop rag
- small or unseen tools include
-- small screwdriver, several nails, 2 extra valve steams. handful of carter keys. 

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs, you carry the tools.... I'll carry the refreshments

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anything anyone else would add, I am getting tools together for my breakdown kit. Trying to cut down on what I am carrying, I just threw (way too many) tools together in 2 FAT 50 ammo cans for windrock.

I bought a couple of rotopax storage containers I am going to mount this weekend. One is going to be filled with recovery gear(straps, blocks, winch extensions, winch remote) the other is going to be a break down kit.

I actually have a polaris belt I found at the wash station leaving windrock. So I will probably carry that and sell it at a premium. Probably also stick another eBay special exhaust tip in there just incase mine breaks off again.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
sxs2015 said:
No tools needed it is a HONDA................
the tools must be for other brands :D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually gave away half my "save a ride kit" to guys on Polaris, Kawasaki and Benche after I pulled the Benche out and helped him fix his tire.

Going to keep a rachet strap in mine so I can reseat a tire if one comes off. I had one holding my cooler down and we used it to get the Benche tire back on the rim and seated.
F5b35a1912dd7e0cc75acd32f9c5ec2c

That and all the non-Honda accessories I have added. Already had the EBAY exhaust tip and spark screen fail(break off)

In all seriousness we break parts and we tear stuff up. Usually much later than other brands even a Honda wears things out, they are machines and as well built as they are they still wear down.

Reactions: bobbyhill
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I bring a tow strap to tow other brands back. o and maybe some turbo bearings. lol

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
After i got a flat last year on the trails..What is a good jack to buy?? I guess a tree would help...:)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought a highlift myself, you can use it for other things besides a jack.

H

hydrantman

That's why I carry a large box in the back strapped down should have anything that I, and others may need, you never know!!

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
ohanacreek said:
Anything anyone else would add, I am getting tools together for my breakdown kit. Trying to cut down on what I am carrying, I just threw (way too many) tools together in 2 FAT 50 ammo cans for windrock.

I bought a couple of rotopax storage containers I am going to mount this weekend. One is going to be filled with recovery gear(straps, blocks, winch extensions, winch remote) the other is going to be a break down kit.

I actually have a polaris belt I found at the wash station leaving windrock. So I will probably carry that and sell it at a premium. Probably also stick another eBay special exhaust tip in there just incase mine breaks off again.

Did the exhaust tip you got as a door prize at Windrock break?

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
ohanacreek said:
Hondasxs, you carry the tools.... I'll carry the refreshments

Man of my own heart!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!