BOX1

P700 What I have found...

I

Ipokebadgers

Nov 7, 2021
Central CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm sure those of you that have been owners longer than I have seen all of this, but here are a few things I have found on my new 2021 700 Deluxe.

I have been checking for loose bolts and just looking at everything trying to learn what I can about the lay-out of my machine. I found both battery terminals to be only finger tight. I now that could have caused some issues. I was looking at the door hinges and noticed on of the top bolts on the passenger side was not flush. I got the appropriate 6mm hex head wrench expecting to tighten the bolt and found it wouldn't move. I tried backing it out and it moved a couple of turns and stopped. It is obviously cross threaded. It it had the paint pen markings so who ever checked it either didn't notice it or didn't care. One lug nut on the driver side rear wheel was loose. I found a plastic push rivet lying under the seat on the rubber cover. I still haven't found where it came from. and I have had two of those plastic push rivets fall out on the dash while driving. They were not seated firmly enough.

This isn't a complaint, just observations. I worked in a job where looking for loose fasteners was a part of the job. I would like to think this type of thing wasn't the norm, but I'm old and know better.

I have spent a couple of days moving limbs and cleaning up the property and love this thing. My four year old granddaughter loves it too. Her dad has a polaris...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm sure those of you that have been owners longer than I have seen all of this, but here are a few things I have found on my new 2021 700 Deluxe.

I have been checking for loose bolts and just looking at everything trying to learn what I can about the lay-out of my machine. I found both battery terminals to be only finger tight. I now that could have caused some issues. I was looking at the door hinges and noticed on of the top bolts on the passenger side was not flush. I got the appropriate 6mm hex head wrench expecting to tighten the bolt and found it wouldn't move. I tried backing it out and it moved a couple of turns and stopped. It is obviously cross threaded. It it had the paint pen markings so who ever checked it either didn't notice it or didn't care. One lug nut on the driver side rear wheel was loose. I found a plastic push rivet lying under the seat on the rubber cover. I still haven't found where it came from. and I have had two of those plastic push rivets fall out on the dash while driving. They were not seated firmly enough.

This isn't a complaint, just observations. I worked in a job where looking for loose fasteners was a part of the job. I would like to think this type of thing wasn't the norm, but I'm old and know better.

I have spent a couple of days moving limbs and cleaning up the property and love this thing. My four year old granddaughter loves it too. Her dad has a polaris...
It's becoming more the norm. My 2020 had noticably worse build quality than my 2014 did...and it wasn't exactly the gold standard to start with. I used to buy Hondas to get away from this sort of thing. Now I know that if I buy a Honda, I will have to deal with it. At least in the SxS's.

You might want to check the hose clamps, esp around the water pump.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was very fortunate Southern Honda power sports did a thorough job on prep on both pioneers I have bought from them. I've never had any of the issues common in the forum. I consider myself lucky and appreciate my their work. I got tired of waiting for them to prep it but they were thorough and was able to watch.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

Yep, wish we could blame it on the temp workers in South Carolina but like @DG Rider said.... this stuff has been going on since 2014. Welcome to the future of our society. Don't sweat it though.....At least you didn't go Polaris!!! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ours delivered in May '21 was a pretty good build. All was tight and we've had no warranty issues. One thing i would advise on though is before you drive your new machine beside checking all the bolts you can reach is to charge your battery before that first ride. When we took delivery I put the new 700-4 in the barn to check it out and thought why not put a charger on the battery. Well, it took 6 hrs. to top off the battery. Now the battery has performed very well since and yes the battery may?? have topped itself off with the alternator on a long break in ride, but I think I was better off topping it with a charger before that first ride. Not real sure how the electronics, engine control or dash instruments, would handle minimum voltage. Anyway all's good with the 700-4.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ours delivered in May '21 was a pretty good build. All was tight and we've had no warranty issues. One thing i would advise on though is before you drive your new machine beside checking all the bolts you can reach is to charge your battery before that first ride. When we took delivery I put the new 700-4 in the barn to check it out and thought why not put a charger on the battery. Well, it took 6 hrs. to top off the battery. Now the battery has performed very well since and yes the battery may?? have topped itself off with the alternator on a long break in ride, but I think I was better off topping it with a charger before that first ride. Not real sure how the electronics, engine control or dash instruments, would handle minimum voltage. Anyway all's good with the 700-4.
Many of us have had that issue myself included.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
yeah i found a few things on my 14 700-4. like push rivets not right and a bolt here and there that may have been torqued but i didnt think it was. the one thing i do everytime i get a machine new or used is i tear it down all the plastics , plugs and such and check everything. i dielectic grease all the plugs. check all the bolts. i think mine was just pop rivets and 1 plug wasnt snapped all the way. other than that i turned a few bolts about an 1/8th of a turn. now my new cfmoto. when it did its ear down i found quite a few things plugs not clipped and bolts not torqued. fuses not all the way in place.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glock21user
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
now my new cfmoto. when it did its ear down i found quite a few things plugs not clipped and bolts not torqued. fuses not all the way in place.

What CFMoto did you get?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
What CFMoto did you get?
the 800 xc 4 wheeler. couple things i had to do to it to make it submarine ready but all in all its like if honda made a v twin belted machine lol.
c3cac7236d48b941bbaf778c0931afc5.jpg

Reactions: livefromthetree
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
the 800 xc 4 wheeler. couple things i had to do to it to make it submarine ready but all in all its like if honda made a v twin belted machine lol.
c3cac7236d48b941bbaf778c0931afc5.jpg

Thanks. Maybe I did see where you mentioned this on the FB group too. Was hoping someone had picked up one of the CFMoto SxSs with some feedback. I know they are cheaper, but they look like fairly well built machines

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. Maybe I did see where you mentioned this on the FB group too. Was hoping someone had picked up one of the CFMoto SxSs with some feedback. I know they are cheaper, but they look like fairly well built machines
iv been reading up on them i believe 5he 800 and below sxs have a internal clutch pack as well m not sure what models but i know the 800uforce and zforce does. my next wil be a 800 zforce ir the 950.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I can guarantee you, stuff still built in Japan don't have these issues.

It's a shame they can't recreate that quality here in the states.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!