Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had a Garmin Rino 650 for about 5 yrs. It has always worked great and I like the radio capabilities. I feel it is more of a portable unit probably more valuable to someone on foot whether you are hiking or hunting etc. The power button has failed on it not allowing me to access the volume and squelch controls. The radio is now useless because it is stuck on mute! Garmin says they can't fix mine and only offer a discount on upgrading to a new model. I'm not going to spend $700+ for another Rino to have a tiny screen and a radio. I have noticed a lot of people on this site using tablets for their GPS programs. I would like to know what is being used as far as hardware and software and maybe some pics of mounts. Also which radios seem to work good. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada and some software is not available in my area. Appreciate your feedback.
IGr7CdBeROvjXsbRg2Aw

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ugh.....this topic again? Theres threads up the ying yang on this topic! Lol its true tho! just givin u chit.

I use a Garmin Overlander. Had it a few years and its been great. I even use it in my truck for trips cuz of its versatility for RVs and or a trailer. I also use VVmapping, they supply u with a small SD card with the trails to overlap the garmin system. Your in Canada so im not sure they have it for there. You may have to look elsewhere for trail software. But the overlander as a whole will work fine with or without.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ugh.....this topic again? Theres threads up the ying yang on this topic! Lol its true tho! just givin u chit.

I use a Garmin Overlander. Had it a few years and its been great. I even use it in my truck for trips cuz of its versatility for RVs and or a trailer. I also use VVmapping, they supply u with a small SD card with the trails to overlap the garmin system. Your in Canada so im not sure they have it for there. You may have to look elsewhere for trail software. But the overlander as a whole will work fine with or without.
Thanks! I have a micro sd card in my Rino now that probably would work as I bought it preloaded for my area from Garmin.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks! I have a micro sd card in my Rino now that probably would work as I bought it preloaded for my area from Garmin.
Percect! Should work fine

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Take a look at the new Garmin Tread. I has GPS, plus a radio, plus you can add attachments such as the buddy tracking, dust particle separator, and camera so they show up on your only screen. Pricy but has a number of built in built in functions plus Garmin support is excellent Garmin Tread™ | Powersport GPS with Ride Radio

Reactions: Buckaroo41
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take a look at the new Garmin Tread. I has GPS, plus a radio, plus you can add attachments such as the buddy tracking, dust particle separator, and camera so they show up on your only screen. Pricy but has a number of built in built in functions plus Garmin support is excellent Garmin Tread™ | Powersport GPS with Ride Radio
Thanks. I will look at this as I already own Garmin mapping for my area.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!