P1000 What is needed for dual battery on P1000

Trailrider

Trailrider

Sep 22, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What all do I need for dual battery and extra fuse box? Also will I need a stinger? I just bought a pioneer and this is going to be my first upgrade. And need to know what all I need to order. Thanks

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
I highly recommend keeping the two projects separated in your mind. Dual battery..... Then Accessory system.
People get too confused when discussing both together. Both can be simple or confusing.

Dual battery
Most go with the TrueAM isolator. I can hook you up with one here - TrueAM - Isolators
Use code HONDASXS10 for 10% off and free shipping on TrueAM products.

Then, once that's setup. You need to build your accessory system.
Lots of good ones and 100 different ways to do it.
@BBLASER just posted one great one.
I'm more of a simple guy and went with this one of these - PDM60 - Rowe Electronics
But, I would choose this one if I did it again - Amplink | Rowe Electronics

Last edited:
Trailrider

Trailrider

Sep 22, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi,
I highly recommend keeping the two projects separated in your mind. Dual battery..... Then Accessory system.
People get too confused when discussing both together. Both can be simple or confusing.

Dual battery
Most go with the TrueAM isolator. I can hook you up with one here - TrueAM - Isolators
Use code HONDASXS10 for 10% off and free shipping on TrueAM products.

Then, once that's setup. You need to build your accessory system.
Lots of good ones and 100 different ways to do it.
@BBLASER just posted one great one.
I'm more of a simple guy and went with this one of these - PDM60 - Rowe Electronics
But, I would choose this one if I did it again - Amplink | Rowe Electronics
Thanks makes since to keep them separate. I will do dual battery first. Thanks for the 10%. Just trying to get ideas on the other also.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
quick question I did the dual battery set up will I need to trickle charge both batteries separately or to gather. I did a easy plug to hook my main battery up to charger will I need to do the same with 2nd battery? thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
quick question I did the dual battery set up will I need to trickle charge both batteries separately or to gather. I did a easy plug to hook my main battery up to charger will I need to do the same with 2nd battery? thanks.

Assume u used the TrueAm isolator?

In that case. Once the primary battery reaches the voltage threshold both will charge.

Reactions: crazychris
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Assume u used the TrueAm isolator?

In that case. Once the primary battery reaches the voltage threshold both will charge.

yes bought it from u. awesome thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!