BOX1

P1000m5 What is the re-sell value of the OEM shocks off a new P1K5 Deluxe?

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I am on the wait-list for a P1K5 Deluxe (non-Fox shocks). I am considering putting Elka's or Fox's on it before the first drive. But is there any market for them? A search shows $100-$200. It would likely cost me $80-100 to ship them any real distance, so I am almost better to keep them for a spare set...

I wonder if the dealer would take them on trade for a roof or something... though they likely couldn't even use them on a repair job for legal reasons.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sold my rear shocks on ebay with 7000 miles on them for $250. It took a while, and I had a few inquiries about size from people who were looking to use them on some other application.

I didn't sell the fronts, one was broken.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wonder if the dealer would take them on trade
you could ask! But I doubt theyll do anything. They would really have to need a set.
your better off trying to list them on ebay or FaceTurd marketplace

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
With such a shortage on everything right now, I would assume you should have no problem selling them.

The dealer may be interested, but maybe you should try selling them yourself first.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am on the wait-list for a P1K5 Deluxe (non-Fox shocks). I am considering putting Elka's or Fox's on it before the first drive. But is there any market for them? A search shows $100-$200. It would likely cost me $80-100 to ship them any real distance, so I am almost better to keep them for a spare set...

I wonder if the dealer would take them on trade for a roof or something... though they likely couldn't even use them on a repair job for legal reasons.
You'll be lucky if you can get enough to cover shipping. They're junk!

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Part of my research. I'd like to factor in the cost of getting better shocks, as the x4 and rmax come with good ones, plus roof, winch etc. So I want to see true cost.... not that cost will be only factor.

Reactions: ChadD and Jerryg
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You'll be lucky if you can get enough to cover shipping. They're junk!
That may be so, but I'm sure plenty of people who don't want to spend the big bucks on aftermarket shocks will buy them if/when their stock shocks go to hell.

Reactions: ChadD
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am sure that they are not junk, but if so many mods need to be done before you can enjoy the machine, why bother?
"So many mods" is relative to what one wants to do. Only thing I did to mine for a few months was install the roof. But then.........well, I can't leave sh!t alone. Some people like to take nice relaxing rides some like to beat the crap outta their machines, most here are in between I think 😂😂😂. For most people, I don't think their is a machine out there that's 100% ready to go without ADDING anything.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
"So many mods" is relative to what one wants to do. Only thing I did to mine for a few months was install the roof. But then.........well, I can't leave sh!t alone. Some people like to take nice relaxing rides some like to beat the crap outta their machines, most here are in between I think 😂😂😂. For most people, I don't think their is a machine out there that's 100% ready to go without ADDING anything.
NOW you tell me this ...

🤣 🤣 🤣

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
When I was looking at a P520 or P700, I would have to have added a winch, a roof, shocks (since they are junk) and if I picked a 520, power steering. That added up pretty quickly. The machine I bought had all that already installed by the factory, so the price difference was nil.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When I was looking at a P520 or P700, I would have to have added a winch, a roof, shocks (since they are junk) and if I picked a 520, power steering. That added up pretty quickly. The machine I bought had all that already installed by the factory, so the price difference was nil.
👍, but I'm sure there's lots you "could/would" add to your machine if you rode certain terrains. It's all about making it your own 😉. 'Cept for all the control arm and frame issues, that's just unacceptable!! 😂😂😂

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The vast majority of owners run around on the stock shocks and think nothing of it.

You're reading on a site populated with high-level enthusiasts, the guys who are always changing stuff.

Perspective.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The vast majority of owners run around on the stock shocks and think nothing of it.

You're reading on a site populated with high-level enthusiasts, the guys who are always changing stuff.

Perspective.
I understand, I would have to change the shocks.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!