P500 What oil do you use on your air filter

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I ride in very dusty conditions and am wondering what oil people are using on their air filters,I have to clean mine after every couple of days riding. Someone told me it really doesn't make any difference as long as you keep it maintained.Thought's on this would be appreciated.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I would not use anything except foam air filter oil. I was also told ONE time to use what ever and ended up with a dry filter. I'm not one to cut corners just to save a buck. Use what's right or chance the possibility of paying much more later

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
@iowaguy realistically pretty much all air filter is the same and you can clean them how u like gas/either whatever as long as you rinse and dry before oiling

Reactions: Kkettlebell
D

Darryl Mann

Feb 28, 2021
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
I used K\N oil for 4 years now works well also relocated my air intake box to the top of the roll bar under my roof was getting snow in my filter box and was freezing up the filter

Reactions: trigger
Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Any oil for foam filters will do…I like the Bel-Ray stuff as it’s thick and tacky.

Reactions: Keebler
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The only thing to watch out for is the fake oil honda sells (notoil or something, I don't know if its supposed to be not-oil or no-toil).
I heard it's alcohol based and dose not mix with dino oil.
I'm sure they tested it and it work ok for filtering, just you have to clean the foam filter really well before switching.
I thought there was a thread that talked about the p520 using one and the p500 using the other from the factory?

In any case, foam with oil is old as the hills technology.
Literally any oil will work, the factory probably uses SAE 30 from Walmart....

Reactions: Remington
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Been using 10W-30 for the last 40 years on my various machines. Key is don't over oil.

Reactions: lee
B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Uni oil works. I don't think it's even worth upgrading the 520 air cleaner as it looks just like a uni. Now I just trail ride swamp riding and snokels may require a different filter.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Olive. It helps lower my LDL cholesterol.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!