BOX1

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Thought I'd start a new thread for Talon Pricing of what everyone is getting quoted and/or paying for the new Talon.

Updated 3/15/19

I got prices all over the board the last several months. Had one reserved with a local dealer, but was not shipping until May. Made a deal to get it sooner at different dealer.
Final price $21,200 Out the door including all taxes and fees.

Not the best deal, but got the machine two months earlier and a reasonable drive away.

What's everyone else paying?

Last edited:
R

RaceCityRiders

Dec 11, 2018
Mooresville, NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
From my dealer. Only fee is sales tax.

Screenshot 20190111 105229 Gmail

R

RaceCityRiders

Dec 11, 2018
Mooresville, NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Jerry, at Sports Cycle Rockingham NC. Waiting to hear back from Schroaders Honda in Hendersonville NC.

Purchased a Polaris sportsman from Jerry and by far the best dealer experience I've had in a long time.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Does that price include freight & setup? It should but some dealers play that game.....
That's a great point, because too often prices are shown to lure people in to later find out, Oh by the way, ... there are all these fees, doc., freight, handling, preparation, etc...

Reactions: MuDSlinger
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you are interested in the lowest price check Abernathy’s in Union TN. They are usually the lowest price with no gimmicks.
I would agree, I have seen Abernathy's year in and year out have some of the lowest prices put out publicly and have rarely seen other dealers match them unless they are trying to dump old or excess inventory. Check this out for example:

2018 P1K5LE Price 17694

So here we have a 2018 P1K5LE with MSRP of $21,899 and a selling price of $17,694, they do not add fees, just have to pay title and taxes if TN resident. This reflects a 19% discount off MSRP 17,694/21,899= 80.8% of the MSRP or 19% off.

Given that the MSRP of the Talon 1000X is $19,999 that discount translates into $16,200.00
Given that the MSRP of the Talon 1000R is $20,999 that discount translates into $17,010.00

Those prices would be after all the fandimonium wears off, as with any marketable product prices are higher when demand outstrips supply. I expect supply to be limited from factory and vendors getting things to final assembly and out the door. Still I think it's reasonable to be able to buy a 1000X for around $16,500 and a 1000R for around $17,500 plus tax and no other fees, once everyone that walks through the door is willing to throw down $21K through financing stops.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That’s true on a 2018 carryover model with factory incentives but on the Talon I’m guessing closer to a 10% discount. It would be easy to check with them. They also discount accessories and that would be a higher % discount. If I lived a thousand miles closer I would be interested.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Jerry, at Sports Cycle Rockingham NC. Waiting to hear back from Schroaders Honda in Hendersonville NC.

Purchased a Polaris sportsman from Jerry and by far the best dealer experience I've had in a long time.
Jerry is a good dude,I ride dirt bikes with him occasionally and have bought from him since 1984.

R

RaceCityRiders

Dec 11, 2018
Mooresville, NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Jerry at Sports Cycle doesn't mess around with fees. Great to deal with. Also ask him about tire/Rim swaps before you take delivery if you plan on upgrading.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I suspect the pricing with be firm (little room to haggle), whatever the discount percentage will be off of MSRP, especially until a number of these units flow into the hands of buyers and inventory begins to build some vs. anxious buyers out there right now with demand and no units on the floor..

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
gotta love the dealers that will ask you msrp plus delivery and say they can't budge on price! It baffles me how many dealers play that game and actually think people won't shop around or shop for the best price!!!

Reactions: BigOL3 and iowaguy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Just got quotes on 1000X for $18,299 and 1000r for 19,000 but have to travel to get. My target was 18k, hoping I can a local dealer to work with me at that price.

Reactions: TimG and Chooglin
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Can anyone explain to me how Honda pricing to dealers works? Do they get a kickback after sale or do they get pricing below dealer invoice? Basically, can the dealer sell below dealer invoice and still make profit?

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Can anyone explain to me how Honda pricing to dealers works? Do they get a kickback after sale or do they get pricing below dealer invoice? Basically, can the dealer sell below dealer invoice and still make profit?

The answer is probably yes most of the time, but why would a dealer discount a current product below invoice? Slow sellers or year end close outs are more likely to see better prices. Only the Dealer and Honda know true dealer cost and it might vary for numerous reasons maybe even among dealers based on sales target or volumes. The prices quoted on this forum are a good indicator of a low figure in a competitive marketplace. Buying from a reputable dealer close to home might also be equally important for many of us.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The answer is probably yes most of the time, but why would a dealer discount a current product below invoice? Slow sellers or year end close outs are more likely to see better prices. Only the Dealer and Honda know true dealer cost and it might vary for numerous reasons maybe even among dealers based on sales target or volumes. The prices quoted on this forum are a good indicator of a low figure in a competitive marketplace. Buying from a reputable dealer close to home might also be equally important for many of us.
Heartland Honda ( Springdale, Arkansas ) has taken very good care of me, except for one time, all it took was a e-mail and everything was good!

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I can tell you around our neck of the woods: it depends who you ask.

The best I can tell "dealer invoice" is a BS number the dealer is able to use to pretend they are giving machines away. I know for a fact that in the auto industry that's how it works: dealer invoice is a number used as a bargaining chip, but its not true dealer cost.

I had some dealers tell me the volume guys get a kick back, some guys tell me they are getting the product cheaper, etc. Everyone had their own little spin on it.

My favorite was "Abernathy's must be buying wrecked units at a special dealer only auction- that's how they sell all those soo cheap. Then they do repairs and sell them as new products. They retain the factory warranty but I wouldn't want one" :rolleyes: Honda must be dropping a LOT of Pioneers off the side of semi-trucks of that's the case :D

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I pulled the trigger today with my local dealer. Put money down on a Red 1000X for $19,200 plus 10% off any accessories ordered. I ordered Nerf bars, Lower doors, and Front aluminum bumper with it. He has a Blue X and a Red R coming in in April. Then the Red X coming in May. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will have for Takeover, still be sporting the mighty P500.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!