BOX1

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

BlackCSVT

BlackCSVT

Jan 14, 2021
Vail, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Thanks! They were mentioned in another thread as well and I just reached out to them today. Crossing my fingers! Another dealer in AZ in Parker quoted me a firm 27353.91 out the door for a unit arriving in June with a non-refundable deposit if I wanted to claim it. I passed because a dealership in Phoenix quoted me the same with a refundable deposit and a mid May possible delivery. That annoyed me I won’t lie. The mark up I get, but to make any deposit non-refundable for 0 effort on the dealerships part, and the fact that it’s not like the rig is even taking up floor space today, and when you know it’ll sell the moment someone backs out is just shady.
The non-refundable deposits bug me too!

I had the quote from Cochise but the wait time was longer than I want, so I started to call around. Ride Now in Tucson said they were getting a 1000x-4 LV in a couple of weeks, so I put down the “non-refundable” deposit after being told the price was MSRP & TTL, and I specifically asked if there were any other add-on fees like prep or delivery and was told no, just MSRP. It was about $1K more than Cochise, but quicker to pick-up. I arrived to pick up the talon with my trailer, and they slide a bill across the table for $29,381!!!!!!!!

I laughed out loud to the sales manager and said they must have someone else’s bill. He ran back and fourth to the financing manager, online/phone sales girl I spoke with. Eventually came back and said they are refunding my “non-refundable” deposit as their sales girl had promised something he couldn’t deliver on. :mad:

Their delivery fee was $1500, prep was $1400, doc fee was $400...etc.

I called Cochise the next day, gave them money for my deposit which IS refundable from that dealership, had a written out-the-door for $25,700 within 15mins.

To be fair, Ride Now sold that unit to some sucker the very next day, so there are people willing to drop $30K, just not me.

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Should have asked the individual who quoted your price for fuel and food reimbursement lol

496blazer

Feb 13, 2021
San Martin,Ca
Ownership

1. Talon R
I paid 25K even out the door one month ago for our 2021 Talon R LV 2 seater. I happened to show up at the dealer right when it was being offloaded from the delivery truck. They only came came down 1K from their initial OTD price. I tried haggling with them more but 25 OTD was far as they would go. So I guess I paid 1900 over MSRP. Oh well, its not the end of the world.

B

Bob1000r

Feb 2, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Drove up to Southern power sports in Waycross Georgia to pic up a Foreman Rubicon, also where wife bought her 1000r fox live valve couple months ago. Only thing they had on showroom floor were 2 1000r fox live valve. Surprised they had 2 still for sale.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Let me start this off by stating something very obvious, something you'll see shortly by reading this. I'm persistent and don't give up easily.

I decided I wanted a 2021 Talon 1000x-4 Live Valve. Hell, I'll even settle for a standard edition 4 seater 1000x-4. I started the hunt, calling all local dealerships within a 200 mile radius, zero luck! Let's try within a 450 mile radius, yep zero luck! After about 200 stores, and being told "Good luck, you wont find one and if you do you're the luckiest guy in the world". I expanded my search even further out, I ended up calling about every honda Powersports dealership in more than half the country! I was dedicated, and in all my efforts these past 4 days the best I got was a preorder.

With that being said, my 2021 Talon 1000x-4 live valve edition will arrive in about 4-5 weeks. This date seems like an eternity from now! All in all, looking like 25k and change out the door. They aren't budging on price, perfect example of supply and demand!

I was even told that some dealerships are actually raising the prices because they know they can get it! Most dealerships told me that they won't receive new ones until next year. The Hunt is real, hope that's not the case for accessories, I already have a shopping list a mile long!

And of course, I'm still searching inventory. Made a few friends along, it's crazy how scarce these are.

And of course I have a shopping list for my 2021 KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition too. It's riding season, time to have some fun!

Aa224ad5caca34ecd29b4bb61851426b

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Let me start this off by stating something very obvious, something you'll see shortly by reading this. I'm persistent and don't give up easily.

I decided I wanted a 2021 Talon 1000x-4 Live Valve. Hell, I'll even settle for a standard edition 4 seater 1000x-4. I started the hunt, calling all local dealerships within a 200 mile radius, zero luck! Let's try within a 450 mile radius, yep zero luck! After about 200 stores, and being told "Good luck, you wont find one and if you do you're the luckiest guy in the world". I expanded my search even further out, I ended up calling about every honda Powersports dealership in more than half the country! I was dedicated, and in all my efforts these past 4 days the best I got was a preorder.

With that being said, my 2021 Talon 1000x-4 live valve edition will arrive in about 4-5 weeks. This date seems like an eternity from now! All in all, looking like 25k and change out the door. They aren't budging on price, perfect example of supply and demand!

I was even told that some dealerships are actually raising the prices because they know they can get it! Most dealerships told me that they won't receive new ones until next year. The Hunt is real, hope that's not the case for accessories, I already have a shopping list a mile long!

And of course, I'm still searching inventory. Made a few friends along, it's crazy how scarce these are.

And of course I have a shopping list for my 2021 KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition too. It's riding season, time to have some fun!

View attachment 265369

The wait is unpleasant, especially in today's instant gratification society. We are accustomed to going to a store, picking from a reasonable selection and walking out with a deal that satisfies both parties.

My order is 7 days beyond the anticipated delivery date so I am here biding my time and learning while holding onto my wallet, reluctant to spend a farthing until I have possession.

I am holding comments on the dealer until the delivery process completes and I can fairly judge their word, honesty and ethics.

Reactions: Stilly1155
Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon x4
The wait is unpleasant, especially in today's instant gratification society. We are accustomed to going to a store, picking from a reasonable selection and walking out with a deal that satisfies both parties.

My order is 7 days beyond the anticipated delivery date so I am here biding my time and learning while holding onto my wallet, reluctant to spend a farthing until I have possession.

I am holding comments on the dealer until the delivery process completes and I can fairly judge their word, honesty and ethics.
I hope they don't play any more games with you, the wait is bad enough. Though, I know a lot of shops can't even get them in stock right now.

I was told mine would arrive on the 8th of May, and available for pickup that following week on the 10th or 11th.

Reactions: sandbaja
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The non-refundable deposits bug me too!

I had the quote from Cochise but the wait time was longer than I want, so I started to call around. Ride Now in Tucson said they were getting a 1000x-4 LV in a couple of weeks, so I put down the “non-refundable” deposit after being told the price was MSRP & TTL, and I specifically asked if there were any other add-on fees like prep or delivery and was told no, just MSRP. It was about $1K more than Cochise, but quicker to pick-up. I arrived to pick up the talon with my trailer, and they slide a bill across the table for $29,381!!!!!!!!

I laughed out loud to the sales manager and said they must have someone else’s bill. He ran back and fourth to the financing manager, online/phone sales girl I spoke with. Eventually came back and said they are refunding my “non-refundable” deposit as their sales girl had promised something he couldn’t deliver on. :mad:

Their delivery fee was $1500, prep was $1400, doc fee was $400...etc.

I called Cochise the next day, gave them money for my deposit which IS refundable from that dealership, had a written out-the-door for $25,700 within 15mins.

To be fair, Ride Now sold that unit to some sucker the very next day, so there are people willing to drop $30K, just not me.
Damn it man, this is out of control. Glad I got mine in oct 2019 for 20,400 OTD....

Reactions: Smitty335
C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I found a dealer out of state that didn’t have anyone on a preorder or waiting list yet and had a few on the way. I reserved the first one that comes in, which I was originally told would arrive in April. Crossing my fingers and just waiting for the call to come get it. It can’t arrive soon enough. I’m getting it for exactly msrp plus the factory delivery fee. Given the market right now I can’t complain at all. This has been a test of patience for sure.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Just spoke with the salesman at the dealership, stated there's no guarantee on shipment dates they can change.

Supposedly Honda is shipping a bunch of Talons May 1st and they expect delivery May8th - 12th. Hoping everything follows schedule and I can pick up the 2nd week of May.

Deposit down, but they can't promise anything. Leaves you hoping all lines up per schedule, I will say, I'm anxious. Feels like the next few weeks will take ages. I placed preorder 2.5 weeks ago and feels like it's been months already.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Went to my local Powerhouse Dealer yesterday for some parts, they only had a couple 2 seaters and haven't seen a 4 seater in months.

GM there told me something very interesting that his area manager told him (yah, I know, so and so told so and so...). Not sure if this can be verified (maybe someone near Timmonsville can verify), but the word is that there are rows and rows of machines of all types that are 90% complete all stored away in temporary tents. The Talons are just waiting for seats and tires and there is a shortage of wiring harnesses that is really causing another production problem.

The machines that are missing the seats and tires can be shipped immediately upon receipt of their missing items but no one seems to know when that will be. The wiring harness shortage is really hampering production because it is one of the first items placed into the frame.

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
List price + standard freight fee $940 + "dealer prep/assembly fee" $595.

Some Talons on atvtrader were listed with $2000-$2600 markup, not to mention they seem to sell within minutes of being listed with an actual stock#.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
My Talon came in today and I just picked it up. I have driven it an astounding...wait for it....15' while loading it onto the trailer. Headed to Baja tomorrow where I'll give it a proper easy break in.

I guess I'm official now.😎

Talon 1 Talon 2

C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My Talon came in today and I just picked it up. I have driven it an astounding...wait for it....15' while loading it onto the trailer. Headed to Baja tomorrow where I'll give it a proper easy break in.

I guess I'm official now.😎

View attachment 268838 View attachment 268839
congrats!!! Oh man I’m still waiting on any updates from my dealer. mine is late now as well.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
congrats!!! Oh man I’m still waiting on any updates from my dealer. mine is late now as well.
Mine took ~ 7 weeks. The car is stunning in appearance. My neighbors came by and ooooh'd and awwwwww'd when I got it home. Tomorrows destination...

Palapa Sunset

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Mine took ~ 7 weeks. The car is stunning in appearance. My neighbors came by and ooooh'd and awwwwww'd when I got it home. Tomorrows destination...

View attachment 268851 View attachment 268853
Congrats! She's a beauty, I bought the exact same one, can't wait for it to come in!

When was your expected ship date to the dealership? It makes me wonder if Honda ended up shipping them early from the factory, hopefully that's the case.

I'm being told that Honda may ship them this Saturday, 1st and the dealership should receive them by the 8th. Then I can hopefully pick up by the week of the 10th.

Your post gave me hope it's getting here sooner :)

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Congrats! She's a beauty, I bought the exact same one, can't wait for it to come in!

When was your expected ship date to the dealership? It makes me wonder if Honda ended up shipping them early from the factory, hopefully that's the case.

I'm being told that Honda may ship them this Saturday, 1st and the dealership should receive them by the 8th. Then I can hopefully pick up by the week of the 10th.

Your post gave me hope it's getting here sooner :)

You wont be happy when I tell you the original expected date was the end of last month. I don't know if the salesman was overly optimistic or was fed a line by the order manager. The best indicator I received was the VIN # and from that point it was about 10 days. IMO, if they can't give you a VIN, they don't have certainty and everything is a WAG.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
CDeeRON

CDeeRON

May 6, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Went to my local Powerhouse Dealer yesterday for some parts, they only had a couple 2 seaters and haven't seen a 4 seater in months.

GM there told me something very interesting that his area manager told him (yah, I know, so and so told so and so...). Not sure if this can be verified (maybe someone near Timmonsville can verify), but the word is that there are rows and rows of machines of all types that are 90% complete all stored away in temporary tents. The Talons are just waiting for seats and tires and there is a shortage of wiring harnesses that is really causing another production problem.

The machines that are missing the seats and tires can be shipped immediately upon receipt of their missing items but no one seems to know when that will be. The wiring harness shortage is really hampering production because it is one of the first items placed into the frame.
this what I was told as well, I live 20mins from the factory in Timmonsville.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!