BOX1

What products are you using to clean your Talon?

Nogrey

Nogrey

Aug 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I bought into the "slick" products. Got the foam canon for my pressure washer, bought the degreaser and the plastic treatments in the spray cans. The foam canon is amazing and sprays their cleaner in a fantastic foam all over! Looks amazing. Only problem is that it doesn't do $hit to get dirt off surfaces. As far as I can tell it's just for fun. Basically, if it doesn't come off with the pressure washer and water using their product and the foam canon is just for kicks. I do like their "shine & protectant" product but am considering using SC1 instead as it is cheaper and folks seem to like it. I'm really disappointed with the Slick foam canon and soap performance as it is total crap. Anyone using a product that really works to get the dirt off? I've had to resort to old school pre-wash, add soap, scrub, rinse and then dry. The Slick foam canon and soap does absolutely nothing.

Reactions: GrayRider
Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon x4
My wash routine is very lengthy, as I go over the sxs multiple times. I start by pressure washing everything off, get as much heavy mud off as possible. After that I let it sit for a few minutes to drip dry and then do a second round of heavy pressure washing, see what I missed etc.

Then foam cannon, I use chemical guys tough mudder soap. Using the hottest water possible I fill up the cannon container, then add soap. Spray it on and let it sit and soak in for 10 minutes or so. Then, you guessed it, more pressure washing.

After the body is done I do the interior, similar method but also use the regular hose to clean out the interior. All in all, a detailed wash takes about 2 hours.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TxDoc
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pressure wash inside and out, towel dry, 20 minutes, DONE!!!

2+ years old, 4,000 miles and still looks new except for a few scratches.

Nogrey

Nogrey

Aug 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like you're doing it the smart way. I blew a ton of money on the Slick foam canon and soap. Total waste. Pressure wash, scrub, rinse and towel dry seems to be the only real way to keep them clean.

Reactions: BrianM
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sounds like you're doing it the smart way. I blew a ton of money on the Slick foam canon and soap. Total waste. Pressure wash, scrub, rinse and towel dry seems to be the only real way to keep them clean.
Yah, I don't understand all those fancy cleaning gimmicks. Mine has always just blown right off with the pressure washer, even caked in mud (took longer). Maybe the Talon just has a better finish or something. My cars don't ever clean up this easy.

I get mine perfectly clean enough to haul in my brand new Toy Hauler but mind you, I don't bother to "detail" it by any means. I am out to ride, not enter a car show so maybe that is my difference.

At my age, I don't have time to "F" around cleaning and futsing for 2 hours on a machine I am just going to get dirty in the first 5 minutes. I just want to ride!!!

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
On the plastic/body work (inside and out),i use a sponge and dish soap, automotive wax once in a while. Engine degreaser on the engine and suspension stuff, if i want it pretty i use a motorcycle cleaner like s1000 or pig snot. We ride this machine at least once a week, if we don't get dirty when we climb in it's probably ok.

Reactions: PaulF
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
I use the heavy rain and top speed cleaning method. 😂

after that send the boys at it with a pressure washer.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I bought into the "slick" products. Got the foam canon for my pressure washer, bought the degreaser and the plastic treatments in the spray cans. The foam canon is amazing and sprays their cleaner in a fantastic foam all over! Looks amazing. Only problem is that it doesn't do $hit to get dirt off surfaces. As far as I can tell it's just for fun. Basically, if it doesn't come off with the pressure washer and water using their product and the foam canon is just for kicks. I do like their "shine & protectant" product but am considering using SC1 instead as it is cheaper and folks seem to like it. I'm really disappointed with the Slick foam canon and soap performance as it is total crap. Anyone using a product that really works to get the dirt off? I've had to resort to old school pre-wash, add soap, scrub, rinse and then dry. The Slick foam canon and soap does absolutely nothing.
You trying to start a fight….😂😂😂

Reactions: Smitty335
208Talon

208Talon

Jul 8, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I use a pressure washer to nock off allot of it then a Foam cannon using Renegade Soap/Wax. Then I scrub it with a soft Brush. After that I pressure was off the soap. I then Dry and use the renegade spray wax/plastic cleaner to basically "wax" it. As long as its just dust out it says pretty clean. Its the mud and puddles that make it so I have to rewash.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The top secret chemical composition of Dihydrogen Monoxide at 150 degrees Fahrenheit works best. Identifier of H2O.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You guys are nuts! Pressure wash and spray with Oxi Clean in a hand sprayer, let soak, pressure wash again and treat with SC-1. Done! All in the shade!

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
The top secret chemical composition of Dihydrogen Monoxide at 150 degrees Fahrenheit works best. Identifier of H2O.
There, I fixed it for you. "Hydrogen Dioxide" is HO2 and more like Hydrogen Peroxide than water.

• Haha
Reactions: JACKAL and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
You guys are nuts! Pressure wash and spray with Oxi Clean in a hand sprayer, let soak, pressure wash again and treat with SC-1. Done! All in the shade!
That’s still a couple hours bro…..😉

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
$10 at the local car wash on the way home from the races works for me...

20210321 192813

20210321 192830

Once in a while I'll give it a bath at the house with wash/wax soap to keep it shiny but 99% of the time it gets a bath at the carwash...

20210611 204455

Yes, I live in an RV resort.... 😁

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Pressure wash inside and out with the white 30 degree tip. Then spray with MX ATV wash (works amazing but pricey) or once in a while with car wash soap, and if I’m really trying to shine her up I’ll spray SC1 on the plastics and inner fenders.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Reactions: SpeedBuggy
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Nice, how long do you let the MX ATV set before power washing?
Where you riding with those tires SB…..🤔
Just a couple minutes. I do the first round of pressure washing to knock off the mud and then spray it down. Takes all the slimy residue off that’s left without hand washing it.

Oregon, Sand Lake is the closest place to play. Florence is better, once we get our “new” pile of garbage toy hauler back from the dealer we’re heading there. Then Winchester and Coos Bay for thanksgiving.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
If you do buy the MX wash or SC1 the prices improved quite a bit buying in bulk by 5 gallons or 12 cans at a time.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!