BOX1

P1000 What windshield?

B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found this one, it looks like it opens at the bottom 2-6", then can flip all the way open, not cheep for sure!

Spendy, and then the fees they throw in on top of that.

- You want it delivered to your house, that will be another 75 dollars.
- No shipping dock and you want it lowered, that will be another 65 dollars
- You want help getting it inside, that will be another 65 dollars.

How heavy is that thing? I put myself through college bucking furniture and we didn't charge that much to deliver a 600 pound fire proof filing cabinet.

Reactions: Raynman and Lady01
Raynman

Raynman

Sudo Flotation device inspector
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spendy, and then the fees they throw in on top of that.

- You want it delivered to your house, that will be another 75 dollars.
- No shipping dock and you want it lowered, that will be another 65 dollars
- You want help getting it inside, that will be another 65 dollars.

How heavy is that thing? I put myself through college bucking furniture and we didn't charge that much to deliver a 600 pound fire proof filing cabinet.
I agree, the $$$ get crazy really fast, maybe something years down the road, I went with the SATV flip up, happy with it so far.

Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the SuperATV flip up windshield this last weekend real easy to install and they had it to me in 2 days

20210223 193009 resized

Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
About to pull the trigger on a 1000-5 and trying to decide what windshield to buy. Anyone have a feel for how well aftermarket windshields seal with a honda roof (or any that absolutely do not seal with factory roof)?

Leaning toward a hard coat tip out but want something where the top half tips out to a horizontal position. I think a half windshield would cover 99% of my riding but with afternoon storms in Colorado I think the wife would prefer the option of dropping a windshield for rain protection.
I made my own out of a sheet of 1/8”polycarbonate, 4 2” pipe clamps with rubber insulators on them to mount to roll cage, two sections of water pipe insulation or a pool noodles with a slit cut down the length to slide on the ends of the windshield to keep the elements out. Im a cheap sob and would rather make it myself. It’s pretty strong too. I’ve Towed with it on 500 miles with speeds reaching 80mph. It didn’t fly off or break!

25752C09 73F6 43A8 823C 0EBD92B3F5A9

Reactions: Lady01
abclay

abclay

Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2021
Rome, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found this one, it looks like it opens at the bottom 2-6", then can flip all the way open, not cheep for sure!

The one at traderhank looks awesome. Does anyone have experience with the quality of this one? I really want glass but I don't want the wide frame that most come with.

Reactions: Lady01
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That one looks really nice also. No information about whether it has "vent" position though...
Look at the bottom. Call them

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!