Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There is a complaints thread, but what do you like about it, other than being a Honda? Anything that sets it apart from others?

I like it has a Roof
Air intake looks much better location
bed is nice and deep (better than expected at least)
seats look nice and ready for 4pt Harness

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like the bed as well. Its probably the biggest in the category. Almost big enough to tempt me to buy one. The seats look pretty sweet. Some of the interior is nice. I think it's a good machine and exactly what I expected. Anyone that was expecting it to complete with a turbo or x3 should have known better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Rambo
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the 15 inch wheel is too much for a 28 inch tire, but most guys are gonna upgrade anyhow, so this opens up a HUGE selection (truck tires) without having to dump $500-$800 on new wheels. I think that's kinda nice.

Downs807

Downs807

Sep 3, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like their design on the 4 link trailing arms on the R model I think it's going to hold up and perform very well. Interior looks to be very comfy. Glad to see a thread on what folks like. We've all waited for a long time for Honda to drop a sport sxs and so far all I've seen is a bunch of complaining over what folks don't like.

Reactions: nbomar and Farmer
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like the bed as well. Its probably the biggest in the category. Almost big enough to tempt me to buy one. The seats look pretty sweet. Some of the interior is nice. I think it's a good machine and exactly what I expected. Anyone that was expecting it to complete with a turbo or x3 should have known better.

I was hoping for it to compare to non turbo vehicles, like the Maverick Sport, Rzr 1000, YXZ, and Wildcat XX. I think it does that.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I also like that the 4wd is a switch now instead of a lever.. hopefully can be engaged on the fly?

Im wondering about the gas pedal, is it drive by wire or not? Might help with the jumpiness that many experience with the pioneer.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Transmission and low range! I also like the overall looks, suspension, cockpit looks comfortable, good bed size, reasonable power rating.
(My biggest hangup is it not having manual locking differential in front)

Reactions: JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I also like that the 4wd is a switch now instead of a lever.. hopefully can be engaged on the fly?

Im wondering about the gas pedal, is it drive by wire or not? Might help with the jumpiness that many experience with the pioneer.

I wish it was a knob like my truck. I wish the LE had a knob. Its 2019 and they quit using cables on trucks 20 years ago!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Suspension travel numbers
Hi/Low gearing
Maybe trivial, but the passenger grab bar adjusting setup looks pretty nice
The stepped foot wells sound like a nice idea
Overall creature comfort stuff looks/sounds nice to me

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I also like the rounded under belly

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everything.
104hp is plenty.
73mph is too fast.
Glad they added the passenger T-bar.
Love the red.
The accessorized model looks bad ass.
Add 32" tires and it will be a beast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I’m sure it can, the lever can be too if not spinning!
I love the looks, bed seems to be good size and love the low range part. Seats look cozy and nice to be 4 point ready.

Reactions: JTW
Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First and foremost, I like the simple fact that Honda is now officially in the sport sxs game finally. Which means aftermarket should pick up now for Honda.
2. Same motor "platform".... means to me, at an expensive cost one could get the parts to mod the pioneer. :)
3. I really like the looks of inside the cab, and can't wait to sit in one.
4. The infinitely adjustable T-Bar is great!
5. The 4 link + rear suspension. (I secretly wished they would of put more protection to the axle like the wildcat but oh well)

Reactions: nbomar
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw in a review that the Chassis is the same and has the same bolt point between the R and X - that being said one might could put the R suspension on the X - granted no idea if it would work but someone with try

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw in a review that the Chassis is the same and has the same bolt point between the R and X - that being said one might could put the R suspension on the X - granted no idea if it would work but someone with try
Yeah. Patents list re-use of the frame as part of the patent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
U-Joint driveshafts
Larger CV's
1000R - Nice Suspension (Needs revalved and sprung watching some of the videos)
Room for big tires
Visually I like it a lot

Gearing is unknown and a big factor for me. Don't know how the I4WD does with big heavy tires.

R

red124

Sep 7, 2018
MN
A bigger gauge cluster in front of the steering wheel and having an area to mount a tablet or i-pad in the center console would of been a better idea to me. Watching the videos of them it looks like the suspension in the back acts like the old maverick xrs. donkey punches you in the back of the head. The comment in the one test drive video where it says the faster you go the smoother it gets = not good at lower speed trail riding to me that means it acts just like my old maverick. I sold it for that main reason after spending about $3000.00 in suspension mods trying to get it to smoothen out at slower trail speeds.

Davy

Davy

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A bigger gauge cluster in front of the steering wheel and having an area to mount a tablet or i-pad in the center console would of been a better idea to me. Watching the videos of them it looks like the suspension in the back acts like the old maverick xrs. donkey punches you in the back of the head. The comment in the one test drive video where it says the faster you go the smoother it gets = not good at lower speed trail riding to me that means it acts just like my old maverick. I sold it for that main reason after spending about $3000.00 in suspension mods trying to get it to smoothen out at slower trail speeds.

I look at my guage cluster as little as possible. I'm busy riding and I definitely don't want a tablet in my face while I'm out enjoying nature cruising trails and drinking beers.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!