William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I kinda of already know most folks on here’s answer... But I’m really struggling between these two sxs.... I love both! The teryx just doesn’t have turf mode and is a little louder. I am worried about the heat from the p1000 on the rear seats. I’m torn...

AF58BF8F 4918 4680 9D89 A3C17B2A12BB 54A01506 8B1D 411D 909C 5ED5E2C06116

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I kinda of already know most folks on here’s answer... But I’m really struggling between these two sxs.... I love both! The teryx just doesn’t have turf mode and is a little louder. I am worried about the heat from the p1000 on the rear seats. I’m torn...

View attachment 175496 View attachment 175497
I had a kowasucky prairie 650. It was hard get 1,000 miles out of it. Smoked belts and a bent engine valve.

Last edited:
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had both; Loved mine...wrecked it, my brother owns one now, let me be clear I’m pro Honda...that said it depends on your likes & needs, that Kawasaki is a pretty neat machine, Fox shocks, a real 4-seater, more comfortable to ride in, it is quieter, cheaper to buy, some neat factory accessories. It does have a smaller engine and is belt drive, although seat of the pants dyno I think it has more torque racing up a sand dune or I still don’t know how to operate the P5. I prefer the Honda, but, because it’s convertible as to utility or being a 5 - seater (hauling kids), more power, faster, automatic transmission, bigger overall, etc.

As far as the heat...anything mid engine which they both are is hot, we had to insulate and modify both.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
How big is back seat comfort to you?

Much = Kawi.
f*** 'em, they can take it or get their own ride = Honda.
Or if they are just for kids, then I'll go with the script and say honda, but I still see a lot of kawi's out there and hear very few complaints. I believe @hondabob has said it was the most durable of the belt drive machines he owned, so maybe he will chime in.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 175496 View attachment 175497
I just went through this and researched between the Pioneer, Teryx and Wolverine X4. They are all good machines but the Kawasaki’s biggest draw for me was the price I could get it for. Performance wise, the Pioneer and Wolvie are better. Suspension for the money goes to the Wolvie but it has that crazy ass rear seat track system. Now we’re down to the brass tax, the Pioneer 1000 is the best overall machine for the money and offers you the most innovation and sport utility features in the class. It’s literally the Swiss Army knife of SxS’s. It’s got the ponies under the seat too. Do yourself a favor, skip the rest and get the best. P1K or bust in my opinion.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Much = Kawi.
Or if they are just for kids, then I'll go with the script and say honda, but I still see a lot of kawi's out there and hear very few complaints. I believe @hondabob has said it was the most durable of the belt drive machines he owned, so maybe he will chime in.
I don’t ride in the back lol.

J

JTW

The kicker is what are you planning to use it for mostly... if it’s hauling people, the kawi! I think the yami is going to be under nutted... but I don’t have any first hand experience with that one. Russ is right about the PK5... it doesn’t a lot of things well, but there are others that do some of the things it does better.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Much = Kawi.

My mechanic says the belts are good for about 200 hours, I'm my case he was right on track.
They belt is not near as easy to change in the field like a Razor, plus they have to be shimmed.
Really about the only draw back is the belt, 4-seater and 700cc.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I will just have to drive them both... BUT... I’m pretty sure I want the Honda. Definitely better priced. I am just not 100% on the dct transmission... I need to surf the forum a little more. I wish the p700 deluxe had a rear unlocker!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t ride in the back lol.
Then you'd be in the "f*** 'em" group.

My mechanic says the belts are good for about 200 hours, I'm my case he was right on track.
They belt is not near as easy to change in the field like a Razor, plus they have to be shimmed.
Really about the only draw back is the belt, 4-seater and 700cc.
How many miles is that?
Yeah...the Kawi is a b**** to get to the belt.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then you'd be in the "f*** 'em" group.

How many miles is that?
Yeah...the Kawi is a b**** to get to the belt.
That’s true, I’d like to say my son rides back there but he doesn’t. The front bench on the 1000 has enough room for three people to ride pretty comfortably.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!