P1000 Whats the best replacement Axles for the Honda Pioneer 1000?

Best Axle for the Honda Pioneer 1000?

• OEM Honda factory.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Rhino Brand - Super ATV

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • AllBalls

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok,
Whats the best replacement axles for the Honda Pioneer 1000?
I hear people popping them all but who has busted what and found that ___ brand was the best.
I will be adding a poll and editing this to include all listed.

This comes about because I have a front axle popping after install of the Super ATV front arms. I feel like this is due to moving the ball's out of their normal "wear" zone in the cup and NOT due to the arms themselves. I have over 1300 miles on these axles.

Ok. So list them up.

Last edited:
J

JTW

The OME will run cooler.. the SATV I can’t say are any stronger but they’re waaay cheaper and seem to be of pretty good quality. I’ve broken both so. Oh and SATV you have a 1 year warranty. They replaced mine no questions asked and with no hassle. So that’s something. Also, all balls has an axle but from what I’ve heard it’s on par with SATV. I say wait for a sale and get the SATV.

Oh.. I do prefer the bands on the OEM axles. You could always wait for the Rhino 2.0’s!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I like OEM, I hate that you have to assemble them and you cannot just buy them ready to go. Just for that I would use all balls or gorilla.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm not finding Gorilla, In fact, I'm not finding any aftermarket FRONT axles online anywhere.
What am I missing?

Reactions: Lady01
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have Rhinos on the right side and Allballs on the left. Broke an Allballs front axle sometime before the Coalmont ride and didn't know it. The cage was pretty thin with them being 8 ball axles. Considering I didn't brake the Rhino in Coalmont with 100% of power going to that axle only, I would have to go with Rhino. Also, Arrowhead (Manufacturer of axle) warrantied my axle and was sending one out. After 2 weeks of waiting I called back and was backordered till September. Told me to buy another new one online and they would send me the replacement when it came back in stock, Then I could send the replacement back to them for a refund (trainwreck).

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You’re probably just spelling it wrong... try, best aftermarket P..E..N..I..S
Good to have you back @JTW in your normal form! HA!

Reactions: Stauvo
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a front popping now. I'm curious what axle offerings there are now, 1 year later on this thread. It looks like 4 parts to get complete Honda front. Rhino is my next thought, but I only see their 2.0 available for a 6" lift length, so still only original available? I've heard bad things about AllBalls. I'm not spending $500 on one gorilla axle. What's the general consensus now. I'm stock a arms with 814 shocks providing only lift.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I'll try the question again. What replacement axle would you currently buy? I know guys have used Allballs, Rhino and stock. I talked to @Rambo and @riverratcadillac and they both said they would go stock Honda. I've searched old threads and saw @JTW felt the Rhino was running hot and @snuffnwhisky had the Allballs come apart. Would you guys just buy all of the parts and stick with Honda? Are any of the aftermarket axles improved since this thread?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had an axle go out on the driver side and they are putting a Cano hd axles on the guy that owns the place rides on like 40in tires and says that what he uses so why not. No harder then I ride I'm sure they will be fine. Long story short the axle breaking was because the ball joint came out so they would still be working just fine if that wouldn't of happened.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!