H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Stock wheels on my Talon's and 5-2's on my Pioneer 1000.

Reactions: CID
G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am running 30X10X15 no spacers I'm curious as to what hondabob is doing also. Called the dealer today to see if warranty is going to cover the cost no big deal, it would be nice, but they haven't even called Honda yet. If it's not covered and they don't have time I can get a buddy over and we can get it done, missing some good spring riding.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My riding area is mostly desert and forest. No deep water or mud and I don't use a pressure washer. My wheel bearings are like new with 13,600 miles.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Stock wheels on my 2020 and front Talon wheels front and rear on my 2019 with 1.5" wheel spacers in the rear for a stock offset.

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's been 3 weeks my R has been in the shop to replace the rear wheel bearings it took 10 days for them to order the bearings. I called Honda warranty to see if this could be a warranty issue no returned call. No big deal understand if its not but I would like my call returned. Dealer said they haven't had the time to call yet, I understand this is the end of the world but I would like to ride one last time. Is this poor service or am I expecting to much?

Reactions: JTW
MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had mine in for over a month. I thought it had a bad right rear axle, when the dealer rook it apart, it had a wheel bering that had been beat on with a punch. It took for ever to get the bering and Honda to approve the warranty. I finally got it back and the damn thing makes more racket than before. It still has a bad axle or a problem. Unfortunately, it is now out of warranty.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had mine in for over a month. I thought it had a bad right rear axle, when the dealer rook it apart, it had a wheel bering that had been beat on with a punch. It took for ever to get the bering and Honda to approve the warranty. I finally got it back and the damn thing makes more racket than before. It still has a bad axle or a problem. Unfortunately, it is now out of warranty.
Since that problem was 'on paper' when the warranty was in effect, it's still under warranty, as far as I know.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Since that problem was 'on paper' when the warranty was in effect, it's still under warranty, as far as I know.
I have not thought of that. I will check it out. Thanks

Reactions: CID
TalonR65

TalonR65

Mar 29, 2020
Tucson AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's been 3 weeks my R has been in the shop to replace the rear wheel bearings it took 10 days for them to order the bearings. I called Honda warranty to see if this could be a warranty issue no returned call. No big deal understand if its not but I would like my call returned. Dealer said they haven't had the time to call yet, I understand this is the end of the world but I would like to ride one last time. Is this poor service or am I expecting to much?
Sounds like I wouldn’t be doing business with this dealership

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got my Talon back today I accepted a apology for how long it took to do the repairs. Honda's warranty covered the cost of repairs. The mechanic showed me my wore out bearings and explained to me that greasing sealed bearings does no good, basically said my grease tool is worthless to try and keep it out of deep water and don't use a pressure washer. Thanks Honda for covering the work!

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!