P500 Wheel Question

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I’m wanting to get new wheels that can run same size tires. I also want to be able to rotate them. If I understand it right the stock wheels won’t work. My question is why and what I need to order to make this possible. Also which offset works best for this purpose? Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience on all of subjects/questions posted. Have a great day!

Reactions: Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's not entirely accurate, you could put the same size tire on the stock wheels, and rotate them for that matter. It would just be inconvenient to have to keep track of as the width of the stock wheels are different front to back. The fronts are like 5.5 and the rears are like 6.5 or something like that. You'd be juggling different size spacers and locations all the time.
Most aftermarket wheels are 7" width, then you just have to choose your offset. Most of us are running 5+2's which will put you at about 55" width. Some have went with 4+3's which spreads the stance to like 57". Depends how wide you want to be? You'll need some 1" spacers for the rear regardless, if you want to keep an even track width front to back.
Width of tires are going to be your choice too, 9's, 10's or 11's. Most go with the skinny's.
A good starting place would be four 12" 5+2 4/100 wheels of your choice. 14" are an option as well, you'll get a rougher ride but may find more tire choices. Don't forget to get splined lug nuts, 12mm x 1.50, stockers won't work. Two 1" 4/110 spacers for the rear. Then the 12"/14" tires of your choice.
A lot on this subject is personal preference but that's the short version and should get you going.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
That's not entirely accurate, you could put the same size tire on the stock wheels, and rotate them for that matter. It would just be inconvenient to have to keep track of as the width of the stock wheels are different front to back. The fronts are like 5.5 and the rears are like 6.5 or something like that. You'd be juggling different size spacers and locations all the time.
Most aftermarket wheels are 7" width, then you just have to choose your offset. Most of us are running 5+2's which will put you at about 55" width. Some have went with 4+3's which spreads the stance to like 57". Depends how wide you want to be? You'll need some 1" spacers for the rear regardless, if you want to keep an even track width front to back.
Width of tires are going to be your choice too, 9's, 10's or 11's. Most go with the skinny's.
A good starting place would be four 12" 5+2 4/100 wheels of your choice. 14" are an option as well, you'll get a rougher ride but may find more tire choices. Don't forget to get splined lug nuts, 12mm x 1.50, stockers won't work. Two 1" 4/110 spacers for the rear. Then the 12"/14" tires of your choice.
A lot on this subject is personal preference but that's the short version and should get you going.
Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!