Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Installed and trail tested. Two aluminum plates, now painted. drilled and tapped plates to rock sliders, j hook to frame at the top outside frame.

IMG 3699 View attachment 34874 View attachment 34875 IMG 3632 View attachment 34878 View attachment 34965 IMG 3711

Last edited:
P

pastorbmp

Dec 13, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I would imagine you could attach a strip of plastic or rubber to the outside of the aluminum sheeting to make a "mud flap" to keep your door clean. Looks good. I might be interested.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just ordered the Rock Sliders. Spoke to Don and he's throwing these in too. Good people.
Yes, he is good to work with, and you can't be that price! Nice addition, I did trim a little 45 degree off the outside bottom corner on a final fit. Still able to wash mud out the gap on the outside frame. Wonder if anyone else has gotten them?

IMG 3703

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, he is good to work with, and you can't be that price! Nice addition, I did trim a little 45 degree off the outside bottom corner on a final fit. Still able to wash mud out the gap on the outside frame. Wonder if anyone else has gotten them?

View attachment 38148

Thanks for the info on these Mudder. I thought it was something that had been added to their line but he said it was just something he cut for you. Said he still had the template though, probably waiting to see how much demand there is for them.
I'll have to take a look at them when they get here, may need to pick at your brain a little on the install?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks for the info on these Mudder. I thought it was something that had been added to their line but he said it was just something he cut for you. Said he still had the template though, probably waiting to see how much demand there is for them.
I'll have to take a look at them when they get here, may need to pick at your brain a little on the install?
Looking forward to a pic of the anodized plates.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Will do, when I get them. It said that colors would take longer, so I wait...
I would actually like to have a set that fit the curve of the wheel well and extended all the way. Of the two pics I've seen of protruding stobbs from the trail that have penetrated the wheel wells to the interior, they slid to those corners and broke through.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I would actually like to have a set that fit the curve of the wheel well and extended all the way. Of the two pics I've seen of protruding stobbs from the trail that have penetrated the wheel wells to the interior, they slid to those corners and broke through.
Agree 100%, been thinking about adding an angle piece to bolt an inside piece. Thinking the Rockslider company could do that but there doesn't seem to be the demand. For me, the minimal money was a good start to build onto for the next rainy day project. Bet the curved ones would sell at the Pioneer takeover. Wish I had the shop equipment to do it as one piece.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Agree 100%, been thinking about adding an angle piece to bolt an inside piece. Thinking the Rockslider company could do that but there doesn't seem to be the demand. For me, the minimal money was a good start to build onto for the next rainy day project. Bet the curved ones would sell at the Pioneer takeover. Wish I had the shop equipment to do it as one piece.
I'd buy a set if they'd actually wrap around the whole interior of the wheel well. Maybe they'll make some like that.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Rock Sliders were delivered today and got them installed. Driver's side was cake, passenger side was a pita. Seemed like it was slightly bowed down in the middle and the bolt didn't want to bite. I jacked it up and got it to work.
I thought these things would be somewhat flimsy until bolted on, they're solid, 3/16" thick aluminum.
Black anodized...BA!
Rock sliders

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Rock Sliders were delivered today and got them installed. Driver's side was cake, passenger side was a pita. Seemed like it was slightly bowed down in the middle and the bolt didn't want to bite. I jacked it up and got it to work.
I thought these things would be somewhat flimsy until bolted on, they're solid, 3/16" thick aluminum.
Black anodized...BA!
View attachment 39689
Lookin sharp! Almost too purdy to take on the trail lol

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had a similar problem with one bolt getting bite, would have been easier if all bolts were the same longer size. Black anodized does look good, worth the wait! Had some spare metal and going to add these to the inside curve of the wheel well pieces.

View attachment 39741

Yeah, I cussed about longer bolts more than once. Placement of the one finger hole could've been better located as well.
They did send those two extra pieces for the wheel wells. Not anodized, just raw aluminum. Pretty thick stuff, which got me thinking, I have thinner diamond plate that would roll right around that wheel well...

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Only screwed to steel, no plastic. Only wrapped what has plastic behind it, didn't want the hollow tin can sound. Tucked in behind Ricochet's at bottom and peened them over about a quarter of the way around the roll bar. Not the thickest aluminum but it'll help.
View attachment 40534 View attachment 40535 View attachment 40536
Now that's the ticket, seems like it would be a hot item if someone sold these! Maybe you can use those other plates as a base around the 2nd battery?? Looks good with the black rocksliders. Looks like a green eyed monster.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!