P1000 Wheel wobbling really bad @140 miles???

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I jump in the pioneer to run down the road and check out a deer that had been hit when I make the turn on the road the machine is really riding rough, so I stick my head out and the drive side front wheel is noticeably wobbling. Checked lug nuts real quick when I got back home and they were tight has anyone had ball joints fail? I haven't rode it in about 2 weeks and last time I drove it it was fine put abut 10 miles on it running fields and road. Any idea I want to check it tonight when I get home

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'd jack up the front end and check for play. Check the rim if it's bent by spinning by hand.

Reactions: sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So I jump in the pioneer to run down the road and check out a deer that had been hit when I make the turn on the road the machine is really riding rough, so I stick my head out and the drive side front wheel is noticeably wobbling. Checked lug nuts real quick when I got back home and they were tight has anyone had ball joints fail? I haven't rode it in about 2 weeks and last time I drove it it was fine put abut 10 miles on it running fields and road. Any idea I want to check it tonight when I get home
I’m guessing the nut on the tie rod end loosened causing play:cool:

Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With no more miles than that I would think just something has loosened up I agree with them Jack it up and see what moves

H

HondaTech

If lug nuts were tight, Id check the hub nut behind the center cap that hold the hub on. Tie rod wouldn't cause wheel wobble, sounds more like a loose hub nut or balljoint.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well the only thing I found was the tire had hardly any air in it, everything felt very tight. put like 13# in the tire and took it out on the road and it felt fine but it did look like a slight wobble but it almost looked like it was the lugs on the sidewall playing tricks with me eyes. I spun the tire while it was jacked up and didn't see any wobble WTF

H

HondaTech

Well the only thing I found was the tire had hardly any air in it, everything felt very tight. put like 13# in the tire and took it out on the road and it felt fine but it did look like a slight wobble but it almost looked like it was the lugs on the sidewall playing tricks with me eyes. I spun the tire while it was jacked up and didn't see any wobble WTF

13psi is the recommended air pressure for the front, if you follow Honda's recommendations.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!