sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that HondaTech got me straightened out, my atv is ready to ride. She’ll need tires and I have no thoughts on tires.

Looking at Big Horns, but then saw Tusk Terrabites are available. Just got me thinking, if they are great for the Pioneer 1000, they would be great for the Rancher.

Anyone have opinions?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that HondaTech got me straightened out, my atv is ready to ride. She’ll need tires and I have no thoughts on tires.

Looking at Big Horns, but then saw Tusk Terrabites are available. Just got me thinking, if they are great for the Pioneer 1000, they would be great for the Rancher.

Anyone have opinions?
I really liked the black diamonds had them on a honda 300 4x4 and an arctic cat 450 4x4.

Reactions: Backwoods and sharp
J

JTW

Or one of the knockoff patterns like them.. maybe trilobites or dirt tamers

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recommend bighorn 2.0 they are lighter than the original bighorn. I also would recommend getting the stock size for a rancher. I saw on Amazon where they have atv bundle deals for a set of four.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Before selecting/recommending a tire, what kind of terrain are you running the ATV?

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm in the market for tires for my Arctic cat I was looking at Vampires we do mixed riding i need something that wont beat me to death but can hang in a mud pit. The vampires got great reviews on being smooth trail tire and pulling in mud. If you want to have a descent looking tire cheap tusk mud force it has a good looking pattern and is descent priced.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
above is most important thing
dont care for bighorns, they are heavy and dont clear well dig to china, the good years ive seen vibrate your teeth out. both cost too much too there are way better tires you can get for way less money. the black diamond you hear alot of good about, all depends where you ride. i like the mud lights we have a bunch of snow and bottomless mud and they pick you up. i got the 2s this time and pretty happy with those but if you a ton of rocks, not for you

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
utv tires are not going to be good quad tires either, utv weighs like 4 times what the quad weighs so its going to be stiff as a board and not bend down to get traction like a softer quad tire will. cant go crazy with the size either no tire is that good if you cant spin it to clear the mud, thats why alot of the super heavy tires wont work either

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dad just put a set of Tusk Mud Force tires on a 2017 Foreman 500. Good value. Definitely stiffer than the stock tire, but they dig well and aren't too hateful aired down.

I tried to talk him into the Big Horn horn knock offs. He admitted after our last trip to WV that if he was to do it again, he would prolly go that route.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Look at SIT out back I have had all kinds over the years.they are light don't beat your teeth out and grip well in every thing just stay away from the max's. I have had bighorn on 2 different machines great tires but don't clean out well.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had mudlites on one of my atvs, they were good but as a directional tire they were terrible in reverse when trying to back up in mud.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
interesting some of the tires that won were just mud lite copies. the bear claw looks just like the 2.0s. i wouldnt buy the originals any more but the xtrs are very good in both directions i could go in rutted clay we a bunch of places the bighorns and car acts stuff like that had trouble in four. places on the trail those people have to try again. maxxis didnt think enough of there tires to send them any, would have been more interesting to see those in a direct test like this

xtrs are likely the best snow tire ride smooth and last, most of the china copies dont ride good at speed or last
20170506 085920
20181117 161928

Reactions: swsebek and sharp
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
took that pic after we took it to tall pines, they have some deep clay holes, and trails. one of the guys i ride with has swamp lights got stuck and quit in a deep one.pushed him out dead easily without even letting my daughter off

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a good video. My dealer pushes the Sedona Mud Rebel as good all around and cheap tires. Mine take 24", so I feel good about them.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When my mudlites went bald i swapped to swamplites on my foreman. Theyve held up well and are good all around tires.