P1000 Whip lights - Red, white, and blue

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for some 3 foot whip lights, but specifically ones that will have the ability to generate a red, white, blue theme. I have searched and read multiple threads to no avail. I was looking hard at Infinite Offroad Double Helix but found out that they won't do this. They did say they are coming out soon with a new controller which should solve this. I have been looking at R1 Industries, Millar, Infinite Offroad, and 5150.I understand the ones that have individually addressable led's have more options but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can build your own whips pretty easily and cheaply, (and it's fun), but I am not sure about red, white, and blue, themes, even though those colors are supported. I will check the ones I built out and post the result. I usually use red, since it's so fast. LOL Meantime,
Looking for some 3 foot whip lights, but specifically ones that will have the ability to generate a red, white, blue theme. I have searched and read multiple threads to no avail. I was looking hard at Infinite Offroad Double Helix but found out that they won't do this. They did say they are coming out soon with a new controller which should solve this. I have been looking at R1 Industries, Millar, Infinite Offroad, and 5150.I understand the ones that have individually addressable led's have more options but any suggestions would be appreciated.

checkout:

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As soon as I figure out how to match the different threads, these are what I plan on using to mount the whips. The spring for tree limbs, etc on the trail, and the marine bracket to drop the whips 90 degrees when I put the buggy in the garage/trailer. Still a WIP.
(Work in Process)

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As soon as I figure out how to match the different threads, these are what I plan on using to mount the whips. The spring for tree limbs, etc on the trail, and the marine bracket to drop the whips 90 degrees when I put the buggy in the garage/trailer. Still a WIP. View attachment 334142 (Work in Process)
My son built one for his Commander, I don't think I have the patience for that. I appreciate your input though, looks like you have done your homework.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if they make 3’ but my booger whips display the red, white and blue theme.

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
As soon as I figure out how to match the different threads, these are what I plan on using to mount the whips. The spring for tree limbs, etc on the trail, and the marine bracket to drop the whips 90 degrees when I put the buggy in the garage/trailer. Still a WIP. View attachment 334142 (Work in Process)
Are you using 4’ 5150’s? I’m curious how the springs do. I was thinking of doing it too, but didn’t want them whipping around irratically. Keep us posted!

Reactions: FJC 79 and ChadD
Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you using 4’ 5150’s? I’m curious how the springs do. I was thinking of doing it too, but didn’t want them whipping around irratically. Keep us posted!
I did use 4' - 5150 blanks. They were about $40 each if I remember. My thought is that with stiff springs they won't be whipping around erratically, but will bend, and not break, with a sharp impact from low hanging branches, etc.. I have built 2 prototypes so far, for my son and son in law, and am going to start on my own 2 for my buggy pretty soon. I will post the results and materials used, as available.

D3llav8r

D3llav8r

May 14, 2022
Alabama, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got these from Amazon and they are Bluetooth with phone. You can create custom colors and patterns with them so you can make your own RWB pattern if you want

682BCBE1 94C0 4A90 8CA0 9B47669AFCB8

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D3llav8r

D3llav8r

May 14, 2022
Alabama, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Please tell me these Red White and Blue whips are made in USA.
I personally would not buy something that is supposed to display my patriotism that is made in chyna.
I hate to break it to you but mine were not made in the USA, I’m sure they are out there though

Reactions: ChadD
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!