P500 Who Else Is Reporting To Deer Camp?

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
My buddy's place. Couple hundred acres with 10 tree stands/tripods.

20211015 130652

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Our deer camp (Opening Rifle season) isnt till November 15th
But Ill be there on the 13th to do some bow hunting ahead of the big day!
good luck to all of you!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Looks like a great setup. My blinds are a short 10 minute ride from the house.

That's really nice. How many do you have set up? Ground or elevated? I have a ground blind that I really like, but would love to have a nice elevated fiberglass job. Takes me over 2.5 hrs to get to his place, but the hunting is pretty good. Have a nine and a ten on my wall from there, and many doe have ended up in my freezer. Been going there 12 years or so.

Our deer camp (Opening Rifle season) isnt till November 15th
But Ill be there on the 13th to do some bow hunting ahead of the big day!
good luck to all of you!

Good luck to you as well! Opening day of Modern Gun is always exciting. I've started getting out a little with my crossbow, passed on a six pt. over the weekend. Been too warm for me lately, but now I'm ready to get out more. Already seeing a few rubs.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
One of the woods stands. Not a lot of woods on the property, but enough. The farm does have a large field (600 yds x 1 mile), currently in corn, with several stands on the perimeter.
20211001 093235

One of two tripod stands where no suitable tree was available. Really like these. This one overlooks a couple of smaller fields.
20210930 181211

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
That's really nice. How many do you have set up? Ground or elevated? I have a ground blind that I really like, but would love to have a nice elevated fiberglass job. Takes me over 2.5 hrs to get to his place, but the hunting is pretty good. Have a nine and a ten on my wall from there, and many doe have ended up in my freezer. Been going there 12 years or so.
I have 2 permanent elevated blinds and a ladder stand in a nasty thick place. The blinds are 5’X7’ and 6’X8’, built on opposite ends of the farm so they can be hunted at the same time. I put Deerview windows in them, framed with 2X3’s and a metal roof. I love them, if it’s really cold I get there an hour or so before daylight and run the little buddy for a few minutes to warm it up. Here’s a picture of one of them, wasn’t completely finished here.

5922D004 DBB9 4475 8CF4 12A1A5C49E47

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Trying to.... We went from a drought to 4 inches of rain in October so far. All that rain is keeping me from hauling manure from the winter pens..........Can't get the cows out of and the deer into the woods until things dry out. Hopefully this week!!!

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I am ready, have been bow hunting some already but as always picky early on, about to change though as freezer is getting low. My machine is about to go from Kentucky where i use it to hunt mainly, to Virginia, then back to Kentucky and on to West Virginia as we have some family property spread around. So between bow, muzzle loader, rifle, and then back to bow in multiple state I hope to get a few.

I also made an elevated blind out of of insulated metal building material, can stay nice and warm with a Mr. Buddy regardless of outside temps. I will take a picture of it next time to it.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I plan on going to deer camp in WV on the first part of Thanksgiving week, like always. I will get up early on Monday morning and go sit in a tree and watch deer walk by. Then I will go back to the cabin and fix a huge greasy late breakfast comprised of eggs, gravy & biscuits and fried potatoes. Then take a nap.

I've taken more deer than I can count over the years. I could care less if I ever take another one. But I do like hanging out at deer camp with my buddies. I will cook the food, help track and retrieve their deer, help skin and butcher their deer, and otherwise just hang out. Relaxing and decompressing is the goal.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Finally got on the board with a reasonable doe. Had passed on a few small ones.
Retrieval was easy peasy; she was kind enough to run straight down the perimeter path of the corn field and expire.20211101 195542

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I plan on going to deer camp in WV on the first part of Thanksgiving week, like always. I will get up early on Monday morning and go sit in a tree and watch deer walk by. Then I will go back to the cabin and fix a huge greasy late breakfast comprised of eggs, gravy & biscuits and fried potatoes. Then take a nap.

I've taken more deer than I can count over the years. I could care less if I ever take another one. But I do like hanging out at deer camp with my buddies. I will cook the food, help track and retrieve their deer, help skin and butcher their deer, and otherwise just hang out. Relaxing and decompressing is the goal.

10-4 I do tend to sneak out to my tower without a weapon...... Your're right....decompressing is huge and sitting silently in the blind watching wildlife works great. Eventually though....there's blood on the ground and the work begins.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!