P1000 WHO got the best LIFT and A ARMS

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking at a 3 inch or so Lift and high clearance lower a-arms in the front and rear??? who got what???
Would like some feed back so I only have to do this Ones. Thanks every Body.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking at a 3 inch or so Lift and high clearance lower a-arms in the front and rear??? who got what???
Would like so feed back so I only have to do this Ones. Thanks every Body.
I'm no expert on all the different brands since this is my first, I run Super ATV A arms, Elka shocks and 30 inch tires, no spacers, I'm running stock width front and rear. The Super ATV A arms are not adjustable without removing A arm bolts, but there is info on this site that gives you the measurements, thats get's you real close, my stock shocks springs were weak and the shocks were just plain poor quality so up graded to Elka's, any shock will be a huge improvement, gained some clearance there, gained some more with the 30 inch tires and a better ride, I don't run a lift, I question the lift changing the angle of the shocks. I ride a lot off camber stuff, so I like my set up, just like it is. Hope this helps!

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm no expert on all the different brands since this is my first, I run Super ATV A arms, Elka shocks and 30 inch tires, no spacers, I'm running stock width front and rear. The Super ATV A arms are not adjustable without removing A arm bolts, but there is info on this site that gives you the measurements, thats get's you real close, my stock shocks springs were weak and the shocks were just plain poor quality so up graded to Elka's, any shock will be a huge improvement, gained some clearance there, gained some more with the 30 inch tires and a better ride, I don't run a lift, I question the lift changing the angle of the shocks. I ride a lot off camber stuff, so I like my set up, just like it is. Hope this helps!
On the 2016 I put fox shocks and Satv a arms and 28 the was nice just looking for a little more clearence.

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the info order the arms and the trail armor skids hope for the best!!!

Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cfab a arms and 30 satv intimidators pretty nice ride. But you'll lose some turning.

20180603 175337

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My stupid question - why do you lose turning? Tires rubbing or something else?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: perry and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My stupid question - why do you lose turning? Tires rubbing or something else?
You have to install steering stops that limit the turn radius some. Its not bad but is noticeable.
Some choose not to install but you risk binding and popping the CV cage at full turn if your not careful.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You have to install steering stops that limit the turn radius some. Its not bad but is noticeable.
Some choose not to install but you risk binding and popping the CV cage at full turn if your not careful.
Careful is my middle name. HA!

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I put the steering stops on the 2016 Pioneer with the super atv a-arms and they sucked for turning and I called Super atv and they said that I did not need them if I am not going to swamp or mud ride. They said if you turn it lock to lock and it grab something it will pull the axle out of the differential. The CFAB a-arms did not come with them and they said they did not have that problem?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I put the steering stops on the 2016 Pioneer with the super atv a-arms and they sucked for turning and I called Super atv and they said that I did not need them if I am not going to swamp or mud ride. They said if you turn it lock to lock and it grab something it will pull the axle out of the differential. The CFAB a-arms did not come with them and they said they did not have that problem?

I have cfabs never used steering stops just don’t crank the wheel full lock

Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have cfab also and mostly mud ride. And I've had no axle issues.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had a 2016 Pioneer 1000 3 that I used as a golf cart and barn hauler for years and didn't lift it, I did however lift my new 2018 P1K 5 LE with all SuperATV stuff and loved the excellent customer service and help they gave me spec'ing out my lift.

I chose not to put in the steering stops and I'm just careful not to run in locked turn; all this P1K 5 LE has ever seen for the last 8 weekends is 5 to 8 hours in the mud and water of River Ranch POA in Florida. With this Portal lift, 1 1/2" A Arms and 30x10-14" Intimidator tires, I never even shift into I 4wheel drive, even following Kawasaki's in locked :)

https://hondasxs.com/data/xengallery/90/90067-0e53abf0a88e1e6d86a45918cca54756.jpg?1539890425

Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think they are, I love that the axle geometry is the same and the lower (30%) gearing is perfect for larger tires. As I stated above, I stay in Turf when most around me are in 4x4 lock.
That's pretty cool. Are you liking them with the 30s or are you planning on bigger. Just wondering. I've been thinking of portals and I have the same set up without portals though. And were wondering if I went portals would I want bigger?

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's pretty cool. Are you liking them with the 30s or are you planning on bigger. Just wondering. I've been thinking of portals and I have the same set up without portals though. And were wondering if I went portals would I want bigger?
I'm planning on keeping the 30" tires. My wife uses the Honda during the week at the house for around our horse barn and mail / garbage runs down the driveway. She was afraid I was going sky high :)

I just might have to buy another one and put the 8" Portals on when they're made for Honda :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!