P500 Who has done a roof chop and extension on P500?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So Fellas,
Anyone done a roof chop to flatten it out? Was also thinking about adding a tube extension out the back over the rear rack/box. Kinda like a shelf/rear roof combo so you could store stuff on rear section over box/rear stock rack. Anyone done this? Light weight and strong would be cool, so was thinking a hoop of tubing horizontal above the box at roof level or possibly stepped down with railing, bottom of shelf/roof would be 3mm thick black UHMW to hold whatever you wanna pack up there. Chainsaw, axe, shovel etc., then on bottom side you could hang rifles etc., leaving the box/stock rack for cooler, packs and other gear. This shelf would be affixed to back of cab with no posts at rear corners. Thoughts?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So Fellas,
Anyone done a roof chop to flatten it out? Was also thinking about adding a tube extension out the back over the rear rack/box. Kinda like a shelf/rear roof combo so you could store stuff on rear section over box/rear stock rack. Anyone done this? Light weight and strong would be cool, so was thinking a hoop of tubing horizontal above the box at roof level or possibly stepped down with railing, bottom of shelf/roof would be 3mm thick black UHMW to hold whatever you wanna pack up there. Chainsaw, axe, shovel etc., then on bottom side you could hang rifles etc., leaving the box/stock rack for cooler, packs and other gear. This shelf would be affixed to back of cab with no posts at rear corners. Thoughts?
On a P5, you might be the first. I’d like to see it. Take pictures for us.....👍

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So Fellas,

Funny you bring this up now as I've been eyeing a chop pretty hard lately. Thought about the extended rops a long time ago but thought it would hinder access to the storage on the back so I bailed on the idea. Maybe if it was hinged? As for the chop, I'm thinking to leave the front alone and chop about 3" out of the rear. Would still give it a rake but a lot less than Honda gave it. I know a few have chopped the top but never really left a map for the rest of us to follow.

Reactions: Duckhunt
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Funny you bring this up now as I've been eyeing a chop pretty hard lately.
Surely not. Everyone knows you’ve done the last mod you’re ever going to do long ago.....🤔

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Yaaaas flat roof.. was thinking slip fit, pinned couplers and the hoop/rear carrier section strong tube aluminum, such that I could remove... I don’t know just chewing on it at this point and was wondering if anyone else has. Would like the ability to carry a small boat/canoe/planks etc on the roof. Have a project whereby I want to haul some custom cut large Douglas Fir planks from steep limited access areas...

Reactions: trigger
S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Surely not. Everyone knows you’ve done the last mod you’re ever going to do long ago.....🤔
Yep!!!!! We keep hearing Trigger say that he has completed his 500, but I am beginning to put that statement right up there with the old quote "The check is in the mail"

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yaaaas flat roof.. was thinking slip fit, pinned couplers and the hoop/rear carrier section strong tube aluminum, such that I could remove... I don’t know just chewing on it at this point and was wondering if anyone else has. Would like the ability to carry a small boat/canoe/planks etc on the roof. Have a project whereby I want to haul some custom cut large Douglas Fir planks from steep limited access areas...
I don’t know about loading heavy Doug Fir planks that high on a P5 on steep limited access....🤣🤣🤣

I want pics of that too!!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep!!!!! We keep hearing Trigger say that he has completed his 500, but I am beginning to put that statement right up there with the old quote "The check is in the mail"
It’s good for forum business. This endless modification process. It’s afforded Richard the opportunity to quit his day job and full time ship you goodies.... 😉

And trigger must be getting a kick back......🤣🤣🤣🤣 JK

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I wonder at what point a P5 becomes indistinguishable as a Honda Pioneer 500.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

D

Duckhunt

I wanted and was full ready for rear bar fabrication like Chooglin's but what stopped me is I wasn't sold on keeping my bed-box permanently. Which I was right in the end because for winter I'm making a huge storage box/kennel to keep the snow off everything.

I'd love a chopped look, and more so bucket seats, but I'm too tall and "husky".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!