P1000 Who would Buy the Pioneer Again

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys
If you had it all to do again, would you buy the Honda Pioneer 1000 again? If you could have all the money spent on your machines and you could get all your money back would you still buy this machine? Or would you wait on a new Honda? Or maybe go with a different brand? Just was wanting to see how many are still drinking the kool-aid! long time honda owner.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Deanb
S

sargenthp

May 17, 2017
US
Nothing still fits the nitch that the P1K-5 does. The new Wolverine X4 is close, but the bed doesn't dump. So, yes... I would more than likely buy a Pioneer again.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
If you’re a family of 5, it’s your only option that’s not 25’ long. So until someone comes up with a more performance based machine. The pioneer will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes! It does exactly what I was wanting. I can use it hunting, around the farm, trail riding and my wife can use it around the yard. IMO it's a true utility, multi purpose machine.

I'm sure the 18 won't have some of the problems that the 16's have had. But that's the way it's supposed to be, right? Newer model are supposed to be improvements over older models.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you’re a family of 5, it’s your only option that’s not 25’ long. So until someone comes up with a more performance based machine. The pioneer will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly the boat I'm in. The pioneer is so much better for riding through the woods and tight spots than my commander 4 seater was.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With the addition of the Wolverine x4 to the Sxs world there is now an alternative based off of size for the woods and Yamaha is the longest running Sxs with very good quality. How it compares to Pioneer for real world riding has yet to be seen but the two seat version has been absolutely incredible in the sticks.
We have had major issues with the P1k5 platform yet it remains my favorite amongst multiple seat Sxs's and would probably buy yet another now that Honda has been proactive about addressing a couple "non-problems " I really do like the Honda platform however the 1000 has had the most problems I've seen from Honda IMHO and that's coming from a Honda or death type guy.

Last edited:

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With the addition of the Wolverine x4 to the Sxs world there is now an alternative based off of size for the woods and Yamaha is the longest running Sxs with very good quality. How it compares to Pioneer for real world riding has yet to be seen but the two seat version has been absolutely incredible in the sticks.
We have had major issues with the P1k5 platform yet it remains my favorite amongst multiple seat Sxs's and would probably buy yet another now that Honda has been proactive about addressing a couple "non-problems " I really do like the Honda platform however the 1000 has had the most problems I've seen from Honda IMHO and that's coming from a Honda or death type guy.
Well said. Every Honda product I own (pressure washer and i3000s generator in particular) never cease to amaze me when I use them. Quality and design far above and beyond anything else. I expected the same satisfaction from my P1K and am seriously disappointed. All I can say is I LOVE my P****** R***** 570 like my pressure washer and generator (trying not to enrage the fanboys), and I HATE my P1K like a Honda fanboy hates a Polaris.

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well said 0860silverado, I purchase my pk1-5 deluxe on 04/01/2017, it was a 2016 model. I did not think that there was a Honda pioneer forum to review before you buy! I bought because it said "HONDA" on the side. I have 2 Honda Vans, a Honda VTX 1800 (super machine), a Honda Rancher, and Recon and an old 1987 250X. All are honda quality. The pioneer leaves alot to be desired. I guess I should have noticed the date I got my pioneer "April fools day". still love Honda, but if I new back then what I know now I would not have purchased it.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't found a machine that would be more versatile and fit my needs better than the P1k-5. I love the clutch and transmission, the paddle shifters make it fun to drive and sporty enough. The seating availability sold me and I still love it. I know there have been times when a 4 seat RZR would have struggled with it's long wheelbase and a 6 seat Ranger has no appeal to me. Only thing I would probably change would be the roof height and aftermarket support but I've enjoyed making a lot of my own parts.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have NO regrets. The heat has been a PITA but with the 2017 air diverter, the shifter heat has been eliminated. It's actually in as we speak for the "Cabin Comfort" upgrade. If that works, I'll be nearly 100% happy.

I've never had a clutch issue and with my riding style and the places we ride, I don't see it failing. If it does, we're all good until 2020.

Now...if I could just figure a way to deal with the DUST! OMgosh! Just the nature of the beast...

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I would, it does everything I need it to do and most the stuff I want it too (more speed, lower reverse gear, is it). It is also not 15 feet long!

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me 2, everything I wanted, I haven't had any clutch issues and works great with the throttle max

Reactions: Dp5hunter
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!