futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Happy with that width? What is your primary usage?

Reactions: J80
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I'm at about that with my wheel offset and 2" spacers. I needed to be at least that wide with my 30" tires and I still fall over on serious trails sometimes. I would be thrilled to go wider, but it fits in the bed of my truck and that eliminates the need for a toy hauler, and with these short arms it seems like a waste of time. If I need wider I will just switch machines.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
55” front, 54.5” rear, yup very pleased will still squeeze into my old 97 7.3 powerstroke box (backed in). The Kenda HTRs are a perfect tire for what I do mainly old logging road and trail ride. Handles great, sturdy and so far not laid it over....

CC823F23 6E2F 4BD6 BDAA 15D792B5D4FD

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm at 55" now. Took the 1" spacers off the front and replaced the 2" spacers on the rear. Haven't ridden it this way yet with the 28's but 57" seemed a bit wide for my liking. It was super stable but I was bumping small trees with the tires, just couldn't get used to it.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I’m right about 55”. The machine handles great and the stability is greatly improved. Only negative is that it slings a lot more mud in the cab but that was fixed with a set of mud busters. I ride a lot of tight mountain trails in WV.

B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I have the long travel kit on my P500. It is now at about 62 inches wide (no spacers) with a bit of negative camber. I had 2 inch spacers on it for a while which took it out to 66-67 inches, but there was so much leverage on the rear springs that I could not get the ground clearance I wanted (11 inches once the spacers were removed and the Walker Evans shocks were adjusted for more preload). Also, with 66 inches wide, it had a tendency to want to push straight ahead on tight corners due to no differential on the rear end. I'm very happy with the current 62 inch width and large bumps and ruts are seldom felt. The roll over angle I calculated using some trigonometry is now 37.5 degrees instead of the original 33.5 degrees. It is now an amazing machine and few rigs are more capable unless one spends large sums of money. These rigs are great stock as well and 2 inch spacers on a stock machine also do wonders along with taller and wider tires. Keep in mind that a taller softer tire helps with the ride since the sidewalls are also part of the suspension. When you put two springs in series (the tire and the spring) the spring coefficients are added like two resistors in an electrical circuit when they are in parallel which means you get a much softer ride.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
@DG Rider...Actually I'm at 60" and have driven around 1800 miles since going wide. I also run 7 psi rear and 6 psi front but at 60" tire pressure has little effect on tippiness. In fact I haven't tipped since I went wide. No wear showing on any suspension or driveline parts and it rides a heck of a lot better.
On THE HILL

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I am right at 55" in the rear, have not measured the front and haven't rolled it since adding the spacers. Best mod i have.

Reactions: J80 and futzin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!