P500 Who's the next p5 owner...to go...Bigger...700/1000 ?

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I was happy with my P5....... Till the takeover. Until then I had mostly ridden with groups of atvs. Now I want a bigger machine. I mean, the p5 does about all I ever asked of it, but the lack of a front diff lock is really starting to aggrevate me. We ride a lot of rocky and rutted out areas and not having one has been a problem more than once. Honda could have easily added some storage or a glove box or maybe some decent headlights without breaking the bank. Hell, my wifes 2016 Rancher lights are easily double or triple as bright as mine.
Don't get me wrong, I love my P5, but if I could do it again, I'd buy a 700/1000. I actually thought about trading on one, but I know I will get hosed on the deal.

Also no width restrictions around here either.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd definitely consider a larger P1000 in the future but as I stated before, I'd like to keep the P5 for the restricted trails.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lol... come to the dark side!!

Anyone (roc) ever noticed how people go from the P5 to the PK but never the other way around?
Yeah... no one likes to
go backwards...
I'm good with my
"STOMPER"
20170603 104912

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I looked around...
since 2"spacers...
on all corners with
offset...I'm at 58"....
Totally different
....STOMPER......
A keeper....
20170603 104714

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then get yourself a dirt bike!!
Single guy with dog who goes with me everywhere. An SXS was more in my future. I looked at Dual sport bikes then ATV's and finally SXS's. There were a few other reasons why I went SXS, like I've ben fighting an intestinal issue for 3+ years now and although I feel like I've been getting better lately, it still rears it's ugly head on occasion. Having a stable platform seemed like a better option for that reason alone. There's also arthritis followed by occasional carpal tunnel, so pushing a thumb throttle on an ATV all day, didn't seem appealing either. Having a roof and windshield for inclement weather, Carry more gear, dog, extra future superwoman seating, compact weapons carrier.......what better way to move your own personal Trebuchet through the woods towards inevitable the battles the future. Besides those damn pesky trolls don't work for free...lets talk siege engines!

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My unfortunate attempt at writing Haiku...
This is my Overlander friend John. John drives a Ural. His dog rides in the side car. Her name is Bree...John and I met in Zion. He crisscrosses the continent. Then they came to visit me. Then he worked at the Motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley. John and Bree are free. John drinks crappy beer...
IMG 6633

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me also. I feel extremely fortunate / lucky that I've never been tied down with a wife or kids :D
It has enabled me to explore much of the backcountry of America these past 10 years. There've been times One may feel lonely, but I'm so used to not having anyone around. It's like having a padded room at my own private resort. lol. I prefer the quiet.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!