P1000m5 Will an OEM hard roof fit with a UTV 801 windshield?

T

TrailBlazer1000

Sep 7, 2019
Freeland, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a UTV 801 glass windshield and I am looking at getting a OEM hard roof. Does anyone know if it will fit? If it does are there gaps at the top corners? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

The pictures I've found of that windshield make it appear that the roof will not be flush against it. The clamps on the front bar keep the roof from being down on the bar and will leave a gap between the top and windshield. The only windshields that seem to seal close to the top are oem ones.

Reactions: Isaiah
A

ArcticSledder

Jun 17, 2020
Loretto, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got my 801 UTV windshield and took some pics for those of you that are inquiring about gaps with the Honda OEM roof. Yes there are gaps on the top of the windshield and in between the top roll bar, see pics. The gaps can be easily addresses with some automotive weather seal for the bottom corners and foam to seal off the top of the windshield to seal against the roof. Hope this helps those of you thinking about the 801 UTV windshield. I ordered a Kolpin windshield but arrived damaged by carrier and must say I am glad I went with this windshield versus the Kolpin as it does have a lot more airflow if you want it. Construction seems to be comparable to the Kolpin and fit is pretty good. Time will tell how the windshield stands up.

20201217 113127 20201217 113212 20201217 113245 20201217 113316

T

TrailBlazer1000

Sep 7, 2019
Freeland, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome thanks. I did end up going with the Honda hard top and love it. Also I've had my windshield for two years now and it's held up great. Love the ability to flip out the vents in the warmer temps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!